how close

archer379

Tomarrow if all goes as planed going to try my hand at ice fishing on chemong lake but since i am new, thought i would just go set up near some other huts that i saw out there just wondering how close can i set up to other fisherman the last thing i want ot do is get on someones bad side or wreck there day

Yep.. go out and say hello and ask if they mind if they fish with them, or close to them, since you're solo. It might go a long way to making it an enjoyable day.

It also might get you told off.. you never know, but at least you know where you stand.

We have "grumpy Dave" up at camp. We starting fishing HIS point one day, only to have him and son come ripping out on sleds (from 1000 feet away) to state "We're fishing here".. yah in iced over holes. Ron had fun with that one.. can you say Swiss cheese. lol ! Lloyd and I fish with Dave now every time we come in off the main lake.. (whether he likes it or not).

Edited by irishfield

Why don't you just approach them and ask if it's okay with them. Not that you really have to, but it's a nice gesture.

great idea

Yep.. go out and say hello and ask if you mind if they fish with them, or close to them, since you're solo. It might go a long way to making it an enjoyable day.

that and you might make a new fishing buddy