Pop-up ice shelters

motion

Hi guys.

I am looking to take a couple of friends out this upcoming week-end for some perch. I am currently using a Calm Kodiak so fishing with friends is not possible. I would like to purchase a pop-up style of hut that can house 3-4 guys and our gear.

Any recommendations on a make and/or model? I was hoping not to break the bank on this one as it will only be used a couple of times a year.

I did see one at Lebarons made by HT and also one on the Costco website. Does anybody know who may have one in stock?

Thanks in advance for your help.

I would highly recommend the Eskimo quickfish pop-ups from what I've seen. The 3 man is really a 2 man I would say so you're probably looking at a bigger model which is the Quick fish 4.

Check Costco as they had some that I believe are Eskimo rebranded but not sure.

I would highly recommend the Eskimo quickfish pop-ups from what I've seen. The 3 man is really a 2 man I would say so you're probably looking at a bigger model which is the Quick fish 4.

Check Costco as they had some that I believe are Eskimo rebranded but not sure.

Thanks Scugog. Have you seen them recently at any Costco?

If your fishing with 4 guys, buy the 6 man hut, you'll be much more comfortable. I bought the Frabill 6 man, and it's got more than enough room for a good party on the ice.

As for where to find one, call Lebarons for the HT 6 man, as Costco is solf out for the year.... Or, order online and ship to a close to border UPS store, and pick it up there.... At this point in the season, pretty much all stores are sold out of the essential ice gear.

The best time of year to buy ice gear is November to December because they'll have what you want in stock.

If your fishing with 4 guys, buy the 6 man hut, you'll be much more comfortable. I bought the Frabill 6 man, and it's got more than enough room for a good party on the ice.

As for where to find one, call Lebarons for the HT 6 man, as Costco is solf out for the year.... Or, order online and ship to a close to border UPS store, and pick it up there.... At this point in the season, pretty much all stores are sold out of the essential ice gear.

The best time of year to buy ice gear is November to December because they'll have what you want in stock.

Thanks. I will try calling Lebarons.

I bought an Eskimo Quickfish 3 from Costco last year. Well-made, and I can't imagine anything that would be easier to set up and take down. And it fits back in the carry bag!

Plenty of room for two people and lots of gear, room for three if you only put two holes inside and the rest outside. The bowed-out sides make it seem much roomier than you would think.

See here...

http://www.ofncommun...=1entry425142

I'd have a good hard look to see if you can find one.

Edited by Jocko

What did you end up finding motion?

Nothing yet. Everyone seems to be out of stock. Not the right time to be looking for one. I can order the 6 man from Costco.ca but I think it is a little big for me.

I'll keep looking an hopefully someone will be selling theirs or I can find a deal somewhere closer to Toronto.

Thanks.