Toronto Blue Jays

Grimace

I am very excited about the future of the Toronto Blue Jays. The popularity of Alex Anthopoulos is proof that Toronto sports fans are not too impatient to endure a proper rebuild as oppose to the "patch job" or "renovation" as Mr Burke likes to call it.

The organization's prospect pool went from being ranked 28th in the league to 4th in under 12 months. I like what Anthopoulos is doing.

I liked Marcum though. He could go down with injury as well.

I thought Vernon Wells was a good player and nice guy but Anthopoulos was brilliant in ditching that contract.

Marcum was a good pitcher, but from what i've been told from people in the club house and from the head of security people had to walk on eggshells around him. He was kinda crazy and when he'd mess up on the bullpen would blow a lead he would go insane, fly into a rage and destroy stuff. The team replaced the water cooler in the tunnel 4 times in a month because of him lol :whistling:

Wells has never lived up to the greatness he was supposed to be. He was supposed to be the next centerfield superstar, 5 tool player. Never happened. I'm amazed he wasn't traded sooner. Although, when u GM signs u to a ridiculous contract... Its easy to see why no one wanted to sign a 150 million doller .250 avg 15hr 70 rbi player lol

Edited by uglyfish

Can't wait for opening day. I miss the days when even the pre-season games would be on the radio, now we're lucky to get a few broadcast.

Will the Jays do better than last year? Hard to say, with all the changes it might be a while before they gel as a team. But the future is looking bright in my opinion, and AA has shown that he won't be afraid to make a deal when necessary. The biggest change may be the manager. Cito was a nice guy, but he basically refused to play the running game and manufacture runs, relying too much on power. I would have loved to see how last year's powerful line-up would have contributed if we had done some more bunting and played 'small ball' a lot more.

I love small ball. There is nothing more exciting than aggressive baserunning and slashing hits into the gaps. This type of play keeps tension on the opposing pitchers more than a few power hitters. Throw a few power hitters in the mix with some speed and you have pure beauty.

I promised myself I would go to more games this year. I am going to keep my promise. I think by 2013 we should be gold.

I love small ball. There is nothing more exciting than aggressive baserunning and slashing hits into the gaps. This type of play keeps tension on the opposing pitchers more than a few power hitters. Throw a few power hitters in the mix with some speed and you have pure beauty.

I promised myself I would go to more games this year. I am going to keep my promise. I think by 2013 we should be gold.

Totally agree, Jays have been the only Toronto organization I've been loyal to over the last 5 years. I certainly hope I can make it to more games this year as well. I don't believe they will top last year's record, I think it will take some tweaking over the next year for the team to gel and come together but the future is very promising. Aaron Hill has to be a bigger contributor at the plate this year in order to have a solid core in the line up I think.

The 2010 Blue Jays were one of the most exciting teams I've seen out of them in a long while... young, raw, powerful, fun..

This year is going to be a lot of fun to watch as well I'm sure. A.A's plan seems to be coming together, I trust what he's doing.

Also with all the payroll space that we have, he can sign some of his young guys to extensions and keep the key players together for the next 5 years, along with adding a few key agents hopefully.c

This year I bet the Jays win just under 90 games, and hopefully in 2012 the playoffs are within reach.