2008 Ford Escape vs 2008 Chevrolet Equinox

Steve_R

I have a 2007 Escape. No issues yet. Juyst went on 100k. The 4WD is dissappointing. I've been stuck twice in pretty simple stuff. Part-time 4x4 in the next vehicle for sure. Driving habits aside, the amount of gas used is largely a function of the mass of the vehicle. Engine size can contribute a couple mpg so get the bigger engine.

I was really set on buying an Escape until I drove one. Go and test both and see which is best for you. I agree with Raf, though. Go out and get an 8 if the vehicle comes with that option. I ended up with a v6 and although it does the trick towing, I wish I had upped the power of the motor. I drive to and from T.O. everyday and it absolutely Guzzles fuel. Mind you, I went from a chevy Cavalier so...

I have an '08 Escape and yes, you can turn the traction control off with a small button just above the coin tray. Awesome truck, by the way .... tows 3,500 pounds with the V6 and 4x4. No trouble whatsoever pulling a Lund 1775 Pro V.

Just a quick note on the 2010 Escape 4WD system. Although you can hit the traction control button on the dash, it will only let you spin the wheels in a straight line. Getting sideways a little will trigger the stability control which cannot be turned off. Great for the wife, not so much for me. Probably different for a 2008.

Agreed that it is a great truck.good.gif