Shimano Cumara vs St Croix LTB

MSBruno

Looking to add more rod(s) to my setup this year.

I currently own cumara's, 72MHXF, and really like fishing with it.

I started looking at the St Croix LTB series of rods (same price point) and decided to go to my local shop and pick up comparable rods.

I prefer a stiffer rod, hence the XF tips. I had both cumara and LTB 6'8", M, XF spinning rods. One in each hand, then swapped them, so I don't become right hand biased.

I felt the cumara was lighter and more sentitive, while the LTB was more of a XF whereas the Cumara had a slower taper (bother being thier XF tapers). This is all just me being very subjective and maybe Cumara-biased (since I own Cumaras) and this leads me to my question to OFC.

Anyone ever have the chance to fish both rods? Thoughts?

Thanks for your time.

If it were between those two, I like the cumura better than the ltb series. I prefer the eva to the cork also. The st croix tips are faster though in the models I've tried. I've only tried the casting models though. I'm currently building a custom micro on a st croix scv, the blank above the ltb, can't wait to see how it turnsout.

The fact that I can just bring a broken shimano to a shop here in montreal and they give me a new rod instantly will keep me from ever buying a St-Croix from a store.

interesting...I have done that with 2 st. croix i've broken...walked in and walked out...maybe it depends on the specific store???