Niptrip 2011 pt 6

bassnass

On the topic of Nate and hockey, he had watched the semi-finals on his Blackberry. Don had told him that if Canada made it to the finals, he’d go into town with Nate for the gold game. We would all go. We were going to hire Mitch (Rob’s ranch-hand-on-ice) to take us across the bay into town, or we were going to walk. We talked to Rob about the matter and he just invited us back to his hacienda because he’d known John so long. That’s what I call hospitality from an operator! That, and it pays to know people! Rob even provided hut-to-house-to-hut service! I was more than happy to slide him an extra twenty for that!

It was all a really good time – couldn’t have asked for more, really -- good fishing, food fit for kings, good company, mild weather, and a few bevy’s. Boom.

Special mention goes to John who did all the fish cleanin’ and did a big fish fry as well (along with calamari, shrimp, and wings). We stopped again at The Blue Roof on the way home for a little celebratory supper. Note: If you happened to be looking for something a bit more than a diner, you should check out Danny’s Justa Pasta in Sundridge – comes highly recommended.

Another shout-out goes to Donnie for doin’ all the drivin up and home (and for the good advice on how to play crib!)

Speaking of highly recommended, Rob Hyatt Outdoors is that. His bungalows are clean and his setups make sense. Call me primal, but when I’m enjoying the outdoors, I like to free willy when I tinkle. And I have an aversion to urinating in porta-johns. While Rob has every shanty set up with its own outhouse, he also has an outdoor urinal perfect for blokes like me who love to mark their territory and breathe in the fresh air. Rob’s rule: Nothing on the ice.

Also, when you stay with Rob Hyatt outdoors someone checks on you morning, noon and night (at least) to see if you’re in need of water or minnows or whatev. I tend to be picky, and it takes a lot to impress me (despite the fact I’m pretty easy-goin’) and you won’t go wrong with Rob (http://www.robhyattoutdoors.com).

If you’ve never hit up an ice bungalow for a few days, do it.

As far as the final numbers for our little trip, John was recording all the qualifying catches. I haven’t yet got official tallies, but it was over fifty (50) fish in three days for the four of us, and I’m pretty sure that I was in the lead for most fish caught by an individual. I further believe that Team Ass Crack caught more in total than the Peckerheads. Sorry, Peckerheads. ;)

photobkt38.jpg

photobkt36.jpg

photobkt37.jpg

photobkt35.jpg

photobkt33.jpg

Master bathroom

photobkt32.jpg

photobkt31.jpg

photobkt30.jpg

photobkt29.jpg

Kickin' it at the Hyatt Hacienda to watch the epic collapse.

photobkt28.jpg

TBC...