GPS hand held

bayboy

I am new to the topic of handheld GPS. Can any body give me information on which one is the best for all around use ie. hunting, fishing and street navigation. Is it determined by price? or is there one that will do it all, at a good price? I have a raincheck for the Garmin eTrex Summit. Any feedback re this one? Thanks in advance for your comments. bayboy :)

which one did you get? I just recently got an etrex legend and yes the software for it is pricey but its software and if you know anyone good with computers ( downloading guys) you can get the info .. all of it for under 10.00 bucks...I love somoe bootleggers! It gona take a bit to gete used to but when you do get the hang of it you will find that it is a great tool for fishing, marking great spots on open water for ice fishing, getting back to "spot" or even just having a map at your fingertips. It is a learining process, but I think it will really help me out cause of how many different places I fish and how lost I get on the ice and open water. Now I need to get a decent fishfinder,, I know I could have got a all in one unit but having to seprate units dedicated to their own technology was a better idea for me and Iam not always fishing in my boat... Anyone know of a phenomanal fish finder for cheap???????????? like the 200.00 dollar range up or down but perferably down..lol

I got the Garmin 60csx a couple of months ago , a little pricey but a great unit.

I have all of north/central ontario topo's and southern ontario road maps loaded into the unit.Great detail on the topo,s and you can find anything in southern ontario with the road mapping!

Good luck and any ?'s feel free to PM me