HELP....

thebigcatch

Guest Johnny Bass

Hey guys

I love to do alot of winter steelheading in the rivers and my feet get so cold to the point I can't take it any more any one know a trick to help with the cold ????

Buy boots that have lots of room for the toes and wear two pairs of thermol socks.

I did that but my wading boots are to tight

So you're wearing stockingfoot waders? That's your problem.

In winter you should switch to a good pair of 5mm neoprene BOOTFOOT waders with insulated boots.

With the boots big enough to accomodate hvy socks and still leave wiggle room you're feet will be toasty.

These waders are good, cheap and super warm:

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Footwear/Mens-Footwear/Mens-Waders/Mens-Fishing-Waders%7C/pc/104797980/c/104747580/sc/104674680/i/103926780/Cabelas-Spring-Run8482-5mm-Felt-1000-gram-Waders-Regular/722709.uts?destination=/catalog/browse/footwear-mens-footwear-mens-waders-mens-fishing-waders/_/N-1101197/Ns-CATEGORY_SEQ_103926780

My buddy DMASSE hinted me on this one after I nearly froze my toes off on our lasting outting. I was wearing 3 pears of thick socks, but it was still DAMN cold and we were standing in 1/2 a foot of snow while fishing.

Check out wigwam socks (I like the "Canadian" model). These things are seriously warm. The only issue is that they are so warm that you will sweat in them, meaning it's good practice to wear a base layer (NOT COTTON) underneath to whisk away any moisture to an insulated layer. Did I mention they are great for ice fishing? Bass Pro and Gagnons carry them (probably many other stores too).

You can find foot warmers...same as the hand ones, but not as bulky and designed for your feet. You can also find even smaller ones that keep your toes warm. They don't take up the same room inside your boot and for me they work great! You could lose a layer of socks if you are putting more than two pairs on and replace with these.

Here's a link...

http://www.canadiantire.ca/search/search_results.jsp;jsessionid=NLYS2VPHk7Gy6pPpPN3LvPGtFGQpG8jFSmVlwCzc2d4ny2zYwfGY!720605842?bmForm=form_endeca_search&bmFormID=1292605496974&bmUID=1292605496974&bmIsForm=true&bmPrevTemplate=%2Fhome.jsp&bmHidden=OMNITURE_FROM&OMNITURE_FROM=Search&bmHidden=event26&event26=true&bmText=quick_search_term&quick_search_term=foot+warmer&bmSubmit=quick_search&bmHidden=FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=1408474396672077

I've also seen them at basspro and local tackle shops.

Good luck!

Edited by ccmt

My brother has the same problem.His is caused by a condition i cant pronounce let alone spell.

What he does is put insoles that reflect the heat back to his feet, and 2 pairs of browning hunting socks.These socks help keep moisture away from the feet, he says.