Contractor Help Needed

Billy Bob

If you owe him money he will call. Then I would explain your concerns to him about the door and the sudden non-contact. Then ask him as a homeowner what he would expect to happen if a contractor did a poor job. He will probably answer you concerns for you. Explain the people who referred him said he was a good guy and you are planning on having coffee with them next week...

Get it fixed before you pay or you will never see him again.

The fact he works for the town assessors office is a good thing if you need it. He probably should not be doing work on the side. :unsure:

Does not need to be a fight, if he made a mistake he should fix it. If you pay him without getting it fixed than you won't be happy and every time you walk through that door you will be annoyed.

Well, George the contractor finally called today to see if I would be home in the morning for some outside trim work to finish up....I broke the news to him that I'm not happy with the storm door on the wrong side and he seemed to be prepared for the news...he's going to see if he can only get the necessary parts to correct the problem. I believe he realizes it's his response-ability to correct the problem. We will see how this goes.

Bob

A update on the storm door.....

George the contractor called Friday as the bride and I were heading east on the NYS Thruway to have a early Christmas with my son "Billy"...told him I would not be home but he could install a new door while I was away. Came home Sunday and nothing done.

Yesterday he called and asked me to go and get another door and he will install on Thursday...told him AGAIN I will be out of town starting Thursday. He said then call him when I get back....hung up and thought HE has to purchase said door, NOT ME....called him back and told him he must purchase the door...he agreed (I thought this was already established) and said weather looks good for Thursday and he will install while we are gone. Here's hoping......

Bob, not Billy :santa:

A update on the storm door.....

George the contractor called Friday as the bride and I were heading east on the NYS Thruway to have a early Christmas with my son "Billy"...told him I would not be home but he could install a new door while I was away. Came home Sunday and nothing done.

Yesterday he called and asked me to go and get another door and he will install on Thursday...told him AGAIN I will be out of town starting Thursday. He said then call him when I get back....hung up and thought HE has to purchase said door, NOT ME....called him back and told him he must purchase the door...he agreed (I thought this was already established) and said weather looks good for Thursday and he will install while we are gone. Here's hoping......

Bob, not Billy santa.gif

keep after him Bob, and have a great holliday my friendsanta.gif