Record snow storm in London

splashhopper

HA HA HA.

I use to do the moving of the piles of snow at work once they took up to much of the lot. The company would rent a front end loader and I would spend the weekend taking it to the back. Living only 5 minutes from the plant,I would travel over to our nieghbourhood and move all the high snow banks of friends driveways. Guess someone thought I was a city worker and was wondering why I was only doing a few of the houses. I got a visit by a City of Barrie supervisor,he didnt know what to say,except, you do good work.LOL

He never told me who called,but most of us knew. :blahblah1::blahblah1:

There was payment of festives for my effort.

Time's have changed.. my father use to take a rye and coke out to the plow guy on our dead end back street at 7 am.. It sure kept our street cleaned nice and first.... but once the loader.. dump truck.. sidewalk guys caught wind... it got expensive.. lol

yeah, the EMS guys would want in on the action too! :whistling:

They already where Ron.. we rented our back apartment to the ambulance service and they kept the old hearse style machines in our double garage! We had a radio in the butcher shop for when they were all out.. and dad filled in as dispatch.

dang... how about the beer store delivery truck, did they just have a regular drop off day or what :unsure:

What a good story. Glad to see you can hold your composure. I would have likely flipped the grater operator the bird and he would have snowed me in on even more on the way past the second time.wallbash.gif

As for the newfie that just shows good character right there. If the world had more newfiesoops.gif , i mean good guys, the world would be a better place.

Amen,

Chad

They already where Ron.. we rented our back apartment to the ambulance service and they kept the old hearse style machines in our double garage! We had a radio in the butcher shop for when they were all out.. and dad filled in as dispatch.

Which explains where the term "meat wagon" came from.