Sciatic nerve(nf)

ehg

Great to hear Erik !!!!!!

I've been in this boat for a couple decades now.. originally told surgery was a 50/50 chance and I told them to go to hell I was walking. Currently walking like a Gorilla and maybe I'll talk to Jen's ortho surgeon next week and see if he can get me some new spinal pictures.

Naprosyn, Flexeril and T3's are the more commonly Rx'd meds for LBP and Sciatica. All drowsy drugs but often necessary in the first few days of rest. Most common long-term treatments are stretching followed by exercise. Your MS certainly complicates regular recovery. Wishing you well. I'm a back pain sufferer too, and when 1 in 4 men are said to have chronic back issues, it is something we see in the ER's very often. Something else we see in every patient, is aging. And yes, from the second you're conceived you are in a sense breaking down and falling apart.

Good luck Erik.

Great to hear Erik !!!!!!

I've been in this boat for a couple decades now.. originally told surgery was a 50/50 chance and I told them to go to hell I was walking. Currently walking like a Gorilla and maybe I'll talk to Jen's ortho surgeon next week and see if he can get me some new spinal pictures.

Ya Wayne, maybe you should get new spinal MRI's and get a referral to an Ortho to look at them, if needed. When my surgeon showed me the compressed disc, from t6he MRI, on the computer it looked like peanut butter and jelly squished out of a sandwich. It was a no-brainer to me to surgically fix it.

Naprosyn, Flexeril and T3's are the more commonly Rx'd meds for LBP and Sciatica. All drowsy drugs but often necessary in the first few days of rest. Most common long-term treatments are stretching followed by exercise. Your MS certainly complicates regular recovery. Wishing you well. I'm a back pain sufferer too, and when 1 in 4 men are said to have chronic back issues, it is something we see in the ER's very often. Something else we see in every patient, is aging. And yes, from the second you're conceived you are in a sense breaking down and falling apart.

Good luck Erik.

I was put on T-3's initially, then percosets but neither worked. Then the last few months of oxycontin/percs combined which kinda worked but was problematic as it becomes a source of relief. Have seen many people being served this combination for fibromyalgia, hip surgeries, and other sources of nerve pain. Hoping that good diet and exercise etc...will provide good living now, not some pharmaceutical concoction.

Ya Wayne, maybe you should get new spinal MRI's and get a referral to an Ortho to look at them, if needed. When my surgeon showed me the compressed disc, from t6he MRI, on the computer it looked like peanut butter and jelly squished out of a sandwich. It was a no-brainer to me to surgically fix it.

I was put on T-3's initially, then percosets but neither worked. Then the last few months of oxycontin/percs combined which kinda worked but was problematic as it becomes a source of relief. Have seen many people being served this combination for fibromyalgia, hip surgeries, and other sources of nerve pain. Hoping that good diet and exercise etc...will provide good living now, not some pharmaceutical concoction.

Don't forget folks, that one of main causes of this affliction is not staying hydrated. I learned for research and discussing it with the doctors that staying hydrated helps the body maintain it's various systems and stops it from "stealing" water to maintain it's core systems.

HH

Been there. My lowest disc was harniated. Had pain for about a year and a half. Had surgery on a Thursday and was back to work on Monday. About a month after surgery I was pain free and have been for 2 years.

Well I can rule out that cause....

Unfortunately my friend, rum and Pepsi do not hydrate you! Actually, they do the opposite, but keep at 'er, you never know, you might be different... ok, you are a bit different!LMAO

HH