BOQ - Nov 30 - Fishing Report

superdad

Well, the weather was supposed to be crappy and blow like crazy, BUT, you have to experience the ACTUAL conditions and not the Weather Networks words of destruction and havoc.........

Laker John and I had planned to go today, so we headed off in the darkenss with the rising sun on our backs heading to BOQ to see what was happening on the water. Oh the wind was blowing out of the south and some parts of open water were wave covered. Not all of the water is exposed to the harsh winds - n'est ce pas?

We felt that Hay Bay offered us the best protection from the pending winds - the rain was just part of the day.

Began trolling at 0800 and had a snag almost immediatley, the drift sock got sucked in the prop, unwound the sock and headed for a replacement. Picked up the backup and headed to the Old Church as the south shore would offer us protection, it didn't do a very good job and we headed for some better shelter.

Trolling in the quiet of the lee, we were able to ply the trolling trade and it was quite nice. The rain made the day damper than we would have liked but that's fishing folks.

Just before noon, the planer board acted real funny and we had a fish on, I brought the fish to the boat and Laker John did a superb job and the fish was ours. A quick visit to the scale - which showed 7.25 lbs. The lure of choice was a Frenzy No. 7 - Firetiger.

1130A_Superdad725lbs.jpg

The trolling continued and the rain continued and continued and continued.......

We couldn't produce a second strike and called it a day at 1430 hrs. Oh we were wet right through the floater suits.

Does any one know if you can treat these suits and make them more waterproof????

We didn't see any other boats on the water.

Stay Tuned the water is still soft - albeit 38 Degs F.....

Cheers

David aka Superdad

Nice job. I have not had the chance to fish Quinte this fall. We are working six days a week and the day I have off I am spending with my 20 month old son and my better half. I can't wait to get on the hardwater with my father.

Cheers. Your reports are always informative for the board.

Edited by Grimace