Vehicle deer whistles?

SBCregal

Dude..you have a wind tunnel at work???Why would you ever go home???There are so many things I would like to test in a wind tunnel.What is the top speed of this tunnel?How soon can I come visit you?Will they let my golf cart over the border without papers?Are chickens considered contraband there?Inquiring minds want to know...

Joe

HMMMMMM......................chickens......................wind tunnel.......................new weapon of mass destruction???

A windtunnel "O" fun?!?!?!?!? I gotta try it out!!!!!!!!!! Its one of those things where tons of mental ideas comes into my head. I could find out if my fiance's chiaua can fly!! But seriously when no one's watching .... what do you do with a windtunnel "O" fun?

Heh. I bet someone's got some stories they can't tell. I know I would :P

I spent a lot of hours researching all sorts of deer repellents including several types desigined to go on your car. Save your money, they don't work!!!!

As far as the wind tunnle is concerned, not quite the same but...... (I don't know if this is true or not)

While testing the nose cones on some aircraft to see how they would stand up to bird impacts, someone came up with the bright idea of propelling the bird at the nose of the aircraft so they could study the results so they built a "chicken canon" (sort of like the one on Canadian Air Farce)

It was working well until some animal rights types got involved and they had to stop using live chickens. So someone went to the supermarket and bought some frozen ones. Problem, These were real aircraft nose cones on real airplanes that they were testing on and frozen chickens act very differently on impact than unfrozen ones. Yup, right through the nose cone and took out a whole bunch of electronics.

Thawed chickens apparently worked much better until one day, someone loaded the canon and they all went to lunch, when they came back they decided it was time to fire the canon.... seems that one of the cats that hung around the hanger had decided to have lunch too. From what I understand, it wasn't a very nice sight!

from personal experience-don't think they work worth a damn--got hit by a deer--not a school of deer mind you-on Smith Blvd in Egypt On--go ahead laugh--4K damage to my ride a few months back-the insurance company gave me a brand new loaner for 2 weeks--sweet!

from where i sit the deer whistle thing is a myth!

Yours in fishing,

ID1

Not to say that Deer Whistles do or don't work but think about this.

I have never caught a fish using a Swedish Pimple or a Red Devil. I am sure anyone here can make the same claim about virtually any lure you can think of. As well anyone here has one lure at least that never seems to fail them but no one else thinks is worth a dam.

I have never hit a deer and have never had "whistles". Everybody in my neighborhood has hit deer or been hit by deer at some time.

I have had more than a few fish slam the side of my boat or canoe or kayak. Never had any fish whistles on them.

We're talking about animals who's thoughts or rather instinctive responses we only understand thru the filter of our own perpective. So really it's pretty tough to say definitively that something like this works or doesn't.

Look at the different results between hatchery fish and wild fish in studies. Studying animal response can be as real or unreal as reality television. Once you point a camera at something it begins to act differently. There is a huge world of study on how studies affect behaviour.

Hatchery Deer would come to a whistle just like dogs do. Have you ever seen a bird sitting on a scarecrow?