Does anyone know someone who was nailed for NOT having their BOATERS CARD this year ?

darsky

My buddies were fishing out of an inflatable, had their boaters card. Got slammed with a 280 dollar ticket for not having a Saftey Kit and Lights on their boat They were fishing on Scugog in the afternoon.

The Safety kit i can understand (spent 65 bucks and picked one up from canadian tire) but where would i mount any sort of lights on my inflatable ? So i can avoid what happened to them :S

My buddies were fishing out of an inflatable, had their boaters card. Got slammed with a 280 dollar ticket for not having a Saftey Kit and Lights on their boat They were fishing on Scugog in the afternoon.

The Safety kit i can understand (spent 65 bucks and picked one up from canadian tire) but where would i mount any sort of lights on my inflatable ? So i can avoid what happened to them :S

HOw about something like this?

I think I saw this at west marine or canadian tire..

I-L-560-1111-7_med.jpg

Edited by kevin

Are you sure they didn't get charged for no working flashlight?

Right from the Safe Boating Guide(TP 511E)

Navigation lights

Only required if the boat is operated after sunset, before sunrise or in periods or restricted visibility(fog, falling snow, etc.).

What Woodsman said... no need to have lights on your boat during the day, I never have mine installed on my lund during daylight. Hell, I'm not even sure where I tucked the rear light pole away to.

They got nailed for not having a working flashlight!

Also.. many get nailed as they still have that orange bailing bucket wrapped in the shipping plastic. Right away they know your flashlight doesn't operate as the batteries aren't in it when shipped!

As for the boaters card... everyone in the household had one this summer just hoping to get pulled over to show it off. First year in 6 on the water of Temagami that they didn't seem interested in doing boat inspections... not pulled over once.. just waved to, or horn tooted to, a dozen times or more.

Edited by irishfield