Different Jig Heads

98Fahrenheit

Any of the combinations you see above can be switched around. However, the combinations that are outlined, will give the bait the best presentation. The key always is to be as natural as possible. Go to our Soft Plastics Pages to see these baits.

Using unusually light lead heads for larger baits are also very effective on pressured waters. For instance, a 1/16 oz. lead head with a 4・Tickle worm is very effective around timber or docks. Use your imagination, you will be surprised!!!

Darter heads and Minnow Shaped heads allow the bait to glide through the water columns for a more horizontal presentation.

Round ball and Football heads are primarily used for vertical or bottom presentations. Football heads are extremely effective for fishing the rocky bottoms that hold Smallmouth Bass or Walleyes. The design of the head keeps it from hanging up as much.

Football head jigs are great for crawling a crawfish along the bottom.

JigsPg2.jpg

This is interesting info, but is this stuff that you've written?

If it's from another website, the people who actually created it might not appreciate seeing it copied here without at least a link back to them.

Just my nickel, I do find the info interesting and I'm sure other members appreciate it too.

Mike

Mushroom head also work well, I use a mushroom head or a ball head a lot when swimming a plastic worm or lizard. Look at the hooks when you buy your jigs, some just aren`t meant for bigger fish when a lot of pressure needs to be applied to keep them out of junk.

The 1 1/2 inch and 2 inch size crappie(panfish) soft plastics will also catch bass on pressured water, it is a good idea to pour your own jigs to use in them with bigger, stronger hooks.