BOQ

walleyejack

Anything happening in the BoQ yet,buddy was down a 2weeks back and did nothing,am thinking of heading down in the next week or 2,haven t been there in about 10yrs,any tips of areas to try would be appreciated,am not looking for specific spots or secret honey holes,just a general area.

If I was going to fish Quinte in the next week or two, I would be concentrating on Adolphus Reach, from the gap to the ferry.

After that time frame, I would be looking mostly from the ferry to Hay Bay, with Picton harbour being a main focus.

HH

i was down last weekend and we had a small tourney out of deseronto and alot of guys didnt do anything and very few were caught out around the ferry.i managed to get 2 smaller one and one guy caught about a 10lbs off the dock in deseronto i couldent beleive it.this week has been a bit better there is some good size fish being caught now,that being said there is alot of reports still saying alot of guys coming home skunked.i think its just the starting of the run and it should really pick up anytime now.good luck ill be out next weekend.

You have to cover a ton of water to find active fish. The Bay has really changed since the zebra's showed up.

I would firstly, try and find productive water away from the crowds as these fish are not used to boats, they live in Lake O most of their lives.

I'm not at all surprised guys are having a hard time gettin'em...

Don't forget to try the top ten feet of water on your troll, especially if there is some decent wave action that day, or it's a dark cloudy day.

Shiney baits for sunny days and dark baits for cloudy days. Tight wobble baits will out fish wide wobble baits.

HH

I'm a non-boater who's boater's boat blew up (poor fishnsled). Thinkin' I might shore fish it anyway. Suggestions on where I might contact fish? Any advice, really. Cheers,LG

A lot of people cast around the Picton docks or if you can get permission along the north shore to Glenora, I know a few guys that cast that way do better than us in boats. I've seen some big fish netted at the docks, but that's night fishing. Myself, I gave up on the night fishing, no fun in the dark or it could be the old thing :whistling:

I was down last week with 7 other Guys 3 boats and caught 1 fish near the ferry. Heard a few guys did better near Bath. We trolled as far as the Bat Cave.

Be more fun catching them casting than trolling anyway. :good: But that's night fishin :sleeping_02:

Good Luck Bud

Edited by Fish Farmer

I'm a non-boater who's boater's boat blew up (poor fishnsled). Thinkin' I might shore fish it anyway. Suggestions on where I might contact fish? Any advice, really. Cheers,LG

The docks in Bellville can be a hot spot aswell, same thing there it's a nite bite casting stick baits, rapalas, bombers ect