Here i go 1985 Ranger 370V part 2

HTHM

As you already know, I did a fair amount of work to the boat that I got on January 1 2010. Original topic here:

http://www.ofncommun...showtopic=40590

Well here is the beginning of the rest of the story. Some of you mentioned that the Mercury on the back replacing the old blown Yamaha looked quite nice.

IMG00087-20101010-1832.jpg

Well on the day of the first launch, i went to Fishmasters with my brother, the one who had painted it, and put it in the water. The easiest boat I have ever launched, off the trailer as smooth as butter. I parked the van and trailer, my brother is standing on the dock holding the bow rope, not wanting to go in until I stepped in. A very respectful thing to do, I step in and it feels GREAT! Stable and comfortable, and feels safe as well. No pics of the first launch, wasn't thinking...Fire up the Opti and let it warm up, playing with the Smartcraft, put it into reverse and back away from the dock, press into forwqard, and idle out of the harbour, temp 120F, check!, trimmed all the way down, check!, time for launch! Push the throttle forward to 3/4 it gives a mighty roar and then goes into Gaurdian mode. we got halfway across the grand and the damn motor quits. Drop the trolling motor and make our way back to the dock, pull the cowl and look things over. This is not a carburated motor, it is run by a computer, so we could not figure out what was wrong. On to the trailer it goes, and a phone call is placed to the dealer I bought the motor from. He say bring it in and i will look at it and see what is the matter.

This dealer is a Yamaha dealer, and wanted to help me out, but did not have the correct tools to do so. He had it in his shop for three weeks and finally decided to send it over to a Optimax expert to get it sorted out. I have to say this dealer has done everything he could to satisfy me and I appreciate the fact that he is taking a hit, how big is to be determined, in order to uphold his end of the deal. So if you are in the market for a Yamaha outboard, I suggest that you look at CO2 inflatables,(905) 844-4386, he treated me well. The story is not yet complete, as the motor is still not right, buit the steps are being taken to get it right.

BTW, the Merc is from the Barrie Police inflatable that was wrecked because the officer operating it did not wear his shut-off tether.

Good old Barre Police. Was that police boat/motor sunk when they rammed it?

No it was not sunk, otherwise I would not have bought it.

That sucks hope it works out for ya

It is working out for me, that is why I am able to give a :thumbsup_anim: to CO2 Inflatables.

It sucks but at least your dealer is taking responsibility for the motor not running correctly. I had an issue with the carb on my I/O and when the season was done last year, my dealer rebuilt the carb and tuned up the motor for me no questions asked, and no quibbling. You'll be good to go for next year. The boat looks great but it's too clean and new looking, it needs some fish slime.