Am I able to get this rod exchanged?

TrippyJai

I bought a Clarus last year from Le Baron and didn't get the chance to put it to use until this summer. I noticed that one of the guides on the rod is messed up. It's dented and probably was missed from quality control at Shimano. I'm wondering if Le Baron would let me exchange it for the same rod because it has been a while now since I owned it. I do still have the reciept.

Having worked there, I wouldn't waste your time. They are pretty strict about the return policies.

Who knows though. Your best bet might be Thursday or Friday between 7:00-9:00pm when the store isn't too busy, and the owners aren't around.

Having worked there, I wouldn't waste your time. They are pretty strict about the return policies.

Who knows though. Your best bet might be Thursday or Friday between 7:00-9:00pm when the store isn't too busy, and the owners aren't around.

I was thinking the same thing. I still have the receipt and the Clarus rod is Limited Lifetime warranty. Would I be able to take it into A. Aikman Sporting Goods & Repair to get the rod replaced or at least repaired? I tried to call Aikman many times and they never pick up. I even need some Curados cleaned out and relubed as well.

If you had some way of getting it up to Peterpatch (Shimano Hq.) you'd do a helluva lot better than ANYPLACE! I had nearly a dozen reels that I was too lazy to clean up and check out . . . . even with the gas money, it was still less than half the price of Aikmans! They do quality work at Aikmans, but this is reflected in their prices.

I was thinking the same thing. I still have the receipt and the Clarus rod is Limited Lifetime warranty. Would I be able to take it into A. Aikman Sporting Goods & Repair to get the rod replaced or at least repaired? I tried to call Aikman many times and they never pick up. I even need some Curados cleaned out and relubed as well.

They will probably refer you to Aikman anyways. I would think they'd replace it, or at the least repair it...but I can't be sure having not seen the rod.

Even if Le Baron agrees to take it, I highly doubt they would give you an over-the-counter exchange. Most likely they will just send it to Aikman themselves, so you may as well cut out the middle man if you don't mind going out to Mississauga.

EDIT: I'm mostly talking about the Markham location, where I was. I see that you're in Missisauga anyways, so I'm guessing that's the location where you bought the rod. The manager there is Adam. Since you're in Mississauga, you have the receipt, and the rod is under warranty, I would just take it to Aikman myself.

Edited by ADB