Leafs on a roll!!!!

Guest Johnny Bass

Guest Johnny Bass

Where'd you park your spaceship? :lol:

What do you mean? Every team that plays the same team back to back, wins one and loses one. The leafs won the first game against the Rangers so if the trend continues, they will lose the second one. But like I said. Trends are meant to be broken. Just like Avery's face!lol

Edited by Johnny Bass

Ya I know. But he is big, aggressive and fast and can cause turnovers. I'm trying to recall a player on the first line with the same traits and the line was successful. Its always not about scoring. But I will concur. He is the last pic of the three.

Verbeek on a second line will give us two great lines. I'm only suggesting Verbeek be demoted if his play does not improve major within the next two weeks.

Getting ready to watch the game. If the trend continues? The leafs will lose tonight. Since it seams most teams that play a team back to back, win one and lose one. Though trends are meant to be broken! :thumbsup_anim:

You are a little confused Mr.Bass, Verbeek is in his mid 40`s and has been retired for many years. Versteeg on the otherhand is a useful 50 point guy and with all due respect the Leafs do not have two great lines.

There have been a few teams in the past that had two great lines but IMHO 2010/11 Leafs come up a little short in the great department, lets see if they can make the playoffs before we start calling them great besides if they have two great line then making the playoffs will be a walk in the park.

You are a little confused Mr.Bass, Verbeek is in his mid 40`s and has been retired for many years. Versteeg on the otherhand is a useful 50 point guy and with all due respect the Leafs do not have two great lines.

There have been a few teams in the past that had two great lines but IMHO 2010/11 Leafs come up a little short in the great department, lets see if they can make the playoffs before we start calling them great besides if they have two great line then making the playoffs will be a walk in the park.

You may be right, maybe not.

Tell you one thing though, I wouldn't trade the entire Leafs team straight up for your Habs.

Not in a million years.

I like where we're at a lot better.

Guest Johnny Bass

I mean what was the score of the Leafs' game tomorrow night

:P

Oh That! I asked my brother when the next game was and he said Wednesday! Boy was I disappointed when I found out it was Thursday.LOL

Oops sorry. I type fast. Ya, he can be useful on the second line too. Move up Kulemin. Not many Russian forwards that can't score and he has the potential to be a 20+ goal scorer. Or move up Macarthur who has been hot.

And the second line will be Grabovski, Versteeg and Armstrong. Versteeg is not that far away from these guys in regards to points accumulated in their careers.

You may be right, maybe not.

Tell you one thing though, I wouldn't trade the entire Leafs team straight up for your Habs.

Not in a million years.

I like where we're at a lot better.

That`s fine your certainly entitled to your opinion however wrong it is!!!LOL

We went to the the conference finals last year and you didn`t. :whistling:

Oh That! I asked my brother when the next game was and he said Wednesday! Boy was I disappointed when I found out it was Thursday.LOL

Oops sorry. I type fast. Ya, he can be useful on the second line too. Move up Kulemin. Not many Russian forwards that can't score and he has the potential to be a 20+ goal scorer. Or move up Macarthur who has been hot.

And the second line will be Grabovski, Versteeg and Armstrong. Versteeg is not that far away from these guys in regards to points accumulated in their careers.

Colby Armstrong is an interesting player he has averaged 14 goals and 35 points in 5.5 seasons, I would say Colby Armstrong`s strongest atribute is his agent.

A players value isn't always measured by goals, assists and points.

and to whoever mentioned moving versteeg to the second line "if his play doesn't improve" are u serious? Do u watch hockey at all?? He's been one of the best players on the ice each nite. He's creating turnovers and scoring chances. His goals will come, don't worry about that

Guest Johnny Bass

Colby Armstrong is an interesting player he has averaged 14 goals and 35 points in 5.5 seasons, I would say Colby Armstrong`s strongest atribute is his agent.

He seems to be a real good pick pocket too. He stripped quite a few players of the puck.

Here are his stats in the NHL. 5.5 seasons? Looks more like he only played 3 full seasons to me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colby_Armstrong

And I wouldn't be surprised at all if he passed the 20 goal mark again this year, playing on a decent line.

How many goals/points does one have to score to be on the second line?

Edited by Johnny Bass

Guest Johnny Bass

I would be hesitant to shake up the lines just yet.

Sure the first line hasn't been the juggernaut we were all hoping for so far, but Kessel has found the scoreboard consistently so far, and the 2nd, 3rd, 4th lines have been contributing more than probably anyone had expected, so why mess with them?

I think Kessel/Versteeg need a true #1 center between them. Bozak has been good, but I think he's a 2nd/3rd line kind of center. That line is only one key acquisition away from being one of the most dangerous in the league, IMO.

Kessel, as I stated before the season began is a scoring machine. He has no one even near his caliber to play with on the team.

Bozak is mister faceoff. He creates a lot of scoring chances deep in the offensive zone. And he has been setting up Kessel, if you haven't noticed.

Much later in the season we look at scooping up a few free agents, but lets give these kids time to prove themselves. They are playing well.

Guest Johnny Bass

A players value isn't always measured by goals, assists and points.

and to whoever mentioned moving versteeg to the second line "if his play doesn't improve" are u serious? Do u watch hockey at all?? He's been one of the best players on the ice each nite. He's creating turnovers and scoring chances. His goals will come, don't worry about that

And he cant create those scoring chances on the second line? On the first line so far, all he has is a goal and an assist.......

Guest Johnny Bass

Again we went to the conference finals and you didn`t!!! :clapping:

I wouldn't be too confident. I like your team but Price is shaky! We have more of a chance getting to the playoffs this year then you do!! :lol:

I wouldn't be too confident. I like your team but Price is shaky! We have more of a chance getting to the playoffs this year then you do!! :lol:

Confidence has nothing to do with what my team did last year,I am confident my team is good enough to compete for playoff spot whether they make or not thats another matter.

Again we went to the conference finals and you didn`t!!! :clapping:

As Habs fans are so fond of saying....... It doesn't matter how you did if you didn't win the cup :blahblah1:

if they didn't win it last year who cares what round they lost in, the ONLY difference between the Leafs and the habs season last year is a few that the habs got a few extra home games to generate revenue Congrats!!

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

[quote name='Sinclair' date='22 October 2010 - 03:31 PM' timestamp='1287775861' post='513982'

Kessel > Seguin.

This year, I'm sure he will be.

Habs also didn't have to give their 1st and 2nd round picks to the Bruins last year.

I think that was a matter of Burke choosing to do it, not having to. How many years before Boston can say whether or not they came out ahead (with reason)? Toronto can honestly say they have a very good producer already producing. Unless Boston's picks turn out to be head and shoulders better than Kessel it will be years before they can claim hey won the trade. It will all depend on each players longevity. In any case, what are the chances that the draft picks will still be with Boston when Kessel is gone from hockey.

The long and short of it is that Toronto has got what they need now. Maybe Boston's plans allow for a few years of development. That's nice for them.

JF