Yesterday's Bass Report with a Bonus

Fish Farmer

My buddy's and myself yesterday on Erie Bass fishing. Beautiful day and my buddy with his bonus Pike catch 41". Caught on a #4 Silver Blue Fox

What a catch! Bass fishing wasn't at it's best, but I'm goin to use an excuse, this Pike scared them away :whistling:

Erie, still amazes me with it's Great fishing.

glennspike.jpg

Edited by Fish Farmer

Great report. Did you take the 407?lol Thats a nice pike. Did you weigh it?

That's one thing Johnny, I don't need to take the 407 there :D plus free launch. Makes for a reasonable day other than the Gas. 40 Min's and I'm on the water. Up at 4:30 and on the water by 5:30 then off at dark. Then stop for Wings and refreshments. You would be surprised how big that fish got at the end of the night :whistling: . I think his smile weighted more. No I didn't weight it, had a skinny body and big head, rough guess I'd say 15. She went back in the water to swim for someone else to catch. I launch at Stromness side of Maitland.

Was a good day for Blue Fox spinners on Erie yesterday. After catching a feed of perch, I nailed three largies and a much smaller pike (27") all on a #4 Blue Fox.

Yes that #4 Silver Blue Fox works good, it's a little heavier for getting a little deeper. Years ago when I had a trailer on Erie, all I used casting for Bass was a #2or#3 silver Mepps or Black Fury.

My Buddy's ran out and bought more :whistling::D