Fishing themed Party

river444

Hello All:

My husband reads and posts many messages to this forum, so I figured it would be a terrific resource.

My guy will be turning 40 this year and I'd like to host a special and surprise b.day party for him.

He LOVEEEESSSS fishing - so I thought it would only make sense to theme the party around something he is so passionate about.

I'm looking for suggestions on the perfect place to host the party - a fishing/hunting lodge venue or a restaurant/bar etc. that feels like a fishing/hunting lodge. Any suggestions are appreciated!

Areas of interest GTA, Mississauga, Brampton

Hello Wifeofafisherman...I live too far away to be of much help. But I'm sure there are some folks on board who are willing to offer advise.

Dang!!!

... as I do have a B'day comin' up... but I'm alot younger than 40

Ya right! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Younger than Forty...Ha haha hahahahahaha

Edited by Nipissing

Here's an idea. Maybe higher a large charter fishing boat for the whole day that's big enough for a handful of friends or family, with drinks and food available of course (don't know if this is possible) and a little fishing while your at it . Lake Ontario has some big boat charters. I think he would like that, I know I would. :lol:

Edited by GbayGiant

Two ideas

1) Hire a charter boat.

2) Rent a fishing club with ponds (I seem to recall a club called the Halton Hills Club).

Sadly, I cannot think of one "primo" bar, restaurant anywhere in Canada (I travel a lot) with a solid fishing, hunting theme......even with just one lousy designated "outdoor" room. I got so fed up, I had my own made....humble and growing....complete with ponds.....and very tasteful.

The closest I have seen to being acceptable, is The Bing Retreat north of Kingston......expect to pay if you look them up. I have rented it for a night and a weekend and a few special events. It is beautiful, with rainbows, brookies, bass and some other species in a private lake.

outdoorguy61

Edited by outdoorguy61