Fall Musky

baironhorse

where are you going or want to go and fish? what type of gear do you have? are you a regular musky angler with all the tools to catch, release in a safe for you (and fish) manner? I honestly think your post is going to sink to the bottom without any details...

OK...I have caught decent size pike in past...but never a decent size muskie....Heading to Balsam and Canal Lake...In terms of tackle I have larger bomber a, husky jerks and rouges...have access to a cradle and a couple of suwicks (not sure on spelling)...couple of buck tail spinners..braided line...steel leader and a couple of heavy action rods...juts basic stuff..not really a muskie fisherman but I thought I would try my luck...hope this helps..thanks

where are you going or want to go and fish? what type of gear do you have? are you a regular musky angler with all the tools to catch, release in a safe for you (and fish) manner? I honestly think your post is going to sink to the bottom without any details...

Edited by Ironhorse

first off, bolt cutters are a must for you and the fish. Then the net, rod, reel and line. As for rod, reel and line (not incl. leader) go heavy and or/strong stuff. Reel, same. Rod, somening that you can 'horse' the fish in with fast so you don't kill it due to a fight time that was too long (ie, a musky on a bad rod isn't a good thing). play safe and good luck...

OK...I have caught decent size pike in past...but never a decent size muskie....Heading to Balsam and Canal Lake...In terms of tackle I have larger bomber a, husky jerks and rouges...have access to a cradle and a couple of suwicks (not sure on spelling)...couple of buck tail spinners..braided line...steel leader and a couple of heavy action rods...juts basic stuff..not really a muskie fisherman but I thought I would try my luck...hope this helps..thanks

I know a few guys who do well for pike on canal,only ever fished Balsam a few times as a kid.I used to fish Scugog and Pigeon alot for musky.We had a blast trolling believers on short lines ,very fast.Good numbers,really exiting.

Canal Lake has only pike now. Balsam Lake and Kawartha lakes eastward have good musky fishing. Try a jointed perch pattern bait like a J-13 or larger. Make sure you have proper equipment for landing and releasing and have a good time. :Gonefishing:

I typically don't fish muskie or have "muskie" gear...I just want to try and see as I have couple of old heavy action ugly sticks lying around and I figured I will give it a shoot in between some bass fishing... I guess my best luck would be trolling 10- 20 ft close to shoreline? What do you guys think

I typically don't fish muskie or have "muskie" gear...I just want to try and see as I have couple of old heavy action ugly sticks lying around and I figured I will give it a shoot in between some bass fishing... I guess my best luck would be trolling 10- 20 ft close to shoreline? What do you guys think

It will depend on water temperature, lake or river?