Rainy River Walleye...

Guest Manitoubass

Guest Manitoubass

Went do do a lil' bassin off shore today, and caught a nice surprise!

Caught a nice lil' muskie right away (very rare in this river), and about 20 minutes later, felt a distinct walleye nibble, lol. So I let the jig/minnow sit for a minute, and baam! Nice 3lb walleye.

So I changed targets and fished mainly jigs with minnows, a few leeches, and a few grubs. Within 3 hours had about 13 walleye, and a few saugers.

I'm so happy, can't wait for tomorrows bite!!!

Guest Manitoubass

Where are the pictures Manitou? Can't just tell us, we have to see the fish.

I only kept 5, but I'll get the pics up in the am.

I was fising alone for the first bit, so I usually dont take pics by my lonesome. I did take a few with the help of wifey once I got home though, lol

Guest Manitoubass

I wish I could get back up there sometime this fall!

Too bad you cant come right away, lol.

There are two good fishing derbies in the next few weeks, Oct.20 in Manitou, which is just a one day. And a good one out in Morson on Lake of the Woods, a good three day er.

For the next 2 months, there are hyyyyoge walleye around here, makes for a fun day. Get the braid on and get ready for 10+lbers throughout the day!!!!

Guest Manitoubass

Went to the same spot again today, caught some nice keepers in the range of 18-21 inches. I'll upload and get yesterdays and todays pics up sometime after our b-day party this evening.

In other news, I lost a nice 10+lber, right at the net too, so heartbreraking

Went to the same spot again today, caught some nice keepers in the range of 18-21 inches. I'll upload and get yesterdays and todays pics up sometime after our b-day party this evening.

In other news, I lost a nice 10+lber, right at the net too, so heartbreraking

B) Looking forward to your report and pics :thumbsup_anim:

Guest Manitoubass

I got some more pics from today I'll put up as well.

These walleye were caught in 7- 22ft of water, using many different baits. Some were chartruese jigs and minnows, or black or pink jigs. Some were caught on white grubs or bloodsuckers.

I casted out and to my left, let it hit bottom, let the current drag it to my right a few few, then a slow steady retrieve just ever so slightly bouncing off bottom. @ nights ago I had to pause, jig, pause, reel. Today was a steady slow retrieval after the jig hit bottom.

The 5lb smallie was caught using a jerk method with a Rapala flat rap, firetiger pattern. Beautiful healthy fish, fought like a ton of bricks

More pics to come

post-7286-128607073237_thumb.jpg

post-7286-128607074246_thumb.jpg

Guest Manitoubass

more pics coming from earlier today. Started catching walleye right off the bat, even though it's so windy it's hard to place the bait, lol. Only 2 keepers for the fish fry tonight, all the rest were in the 5-6lb range, too big to eat!

Today they were biting on a white/pink jig, with black/silver salted grubs, also black jigs with salted white/yellow/black grubs. Haven't had to resort to any live bait as of yet :)

Seen one other boat out a few hundred yards away, and seen them pulling in the walleye as well

I love this time of year!!!

Guest Manitoubass

well, done for the day, ended with 38 walleye between a few of us. Time for a nice feed!

My son (6 years old) also tied into his biggest walleye to date, 5lbs!!!!

Guest Manitoubass

one more

Got a nice surprise today, and not only got on the walleye, but got on the bass heavy. Caught 23 SMB is about two hours, all on a black jig with a black grub, which is a first for bass fishing, lol

post-7286-128633646937_thumb.jpg

Guest Manitoubass

still killin em, everyday since the last post!!!!

now the big boys are moving in, pulled in some 5's, a few 8's, a 9 and a 10.5lber in one afternoon. Great fishing!!!!

Guest Johnny Bass

one more

Got a nice surprise today, and not only got on the walleye, but got on the bass heavy. Caught 23 SMB is about two hours, all on a black jig with a black grub, which is a first for bass fishing, lol

Now thats more like it! We love pictures!