roller to bunker

ColdH20guy

Hi guys

I currently have a roller-style trailer which means I cannot drive the boat right on to the trailer as I have to hit the rear-roller right in the middle..I usually end up stopping, and pulling the boat on the first roller and then the second getting it all lined up etc..I figured a bunker style trailer would be easier to drive on so I dont have to stop and pull it on...

Just curious if anyone has done this conversion or can point me in the right direction..

thanks guys

i dont understand why you are having this problem, the entire idea behind rollers is ease of loading. wether a bunk or roller you are essentially driving a triangle (the boat) into a rectangle (being the bunks or rollers). the wedge centers itself provided the boat (or winch) is giving the bunks or rollers a chance to straighten the boat. our roller trailers and are bunk trailers were modular - that is the forward set of bunks or rollers would be independent from the rear, allowing the boat to hit the forward assy, and the rear of the boat would straighten as it is winched up the forward assy. often the rear set(what i beleive you're calling the first and second set} wouldn't contact the boat until the boat was removed.

wait a second - i just realized you are talking about keel rollers arent you? well if you are i dont feel like erasing all that typing. keel rollers aren't actually for boat support they are for boat protection. if you are using them to support your boat you would benifit from side guards or a set of simple one piece bunks to both align and sit your boat on. easy and inexpensive to make and install on any cross member with bolster brackets and ubolts. pm me if yo want to talk trailers - ive built and repaired hundreds of the things....