~~~Perrchen on Sunday Pass

oldphart

~~~Been looken for another phishen partner, in my area to go phishen with, since both Walleyedreamer, and slug are, busy now most weekends, I was contacted by a guy from Whitby, named Paul who wanted to get out. So we met at my place at 7, and hooked up and headed to the Glade to meet up with Slug. Got the boat in the water to find that someone had left the light switch on and drained the battery. Was able to borrow a Portable booster from another phisherman, and got the motor started, headed out, only to find I had no tilt or Bilge pump, so had to return to the marina, to see if I could buy a battery, and even though they were not open $120 later we were heading back out. Started marking phish in 28' of water and got set up. and for those that don't know what a Perch looks like or have forgotten

106_1254.jpg

Both Slug, and Paul got into some nice Jumbos

106_1251.jpg

106_1255.jpg

Paul trying to make this one bigger, but his arms were to short

106_1253.jpg

Phish seem to move on so we went out the check the pack out stopping short of them. in 32' marking massive bait clouds giving us a false bottoms reading, set up and all we got were dinks, headed back to where we were earlier and we were back into them again

106_1252.jpg

106_1256.jpg

As we came back into the river Mr. Friendly was there doing a Boat check, I got a Gold Star for being a good boy. Got to the ramp to find some twit with a sail boat trying to get up the ramp but had to dump about a ton of water from his bilge, took him 4 runs at it, plus Slug, and Paul pushing to get up the ramp, then the twit decided to drive down the road, with his mast still up, and hits the Hydro wires, just stopping short from ripping them down. The neighbours had a good laugh at him, and he sort of hid his head in his van for a while, most likely wondering where he was going to get a crane to lift his mast off the boat, on a Sunday. Well any way we had a great day on the water lake was calm, very little wind, and phishen with 2 buds, Caught over 300 keeping 30

106_1258.jpg

I'll be out there next weekend again, love this time of the year.