Waterford, Ontario

Last year and the year before my brother took me too a place in Waterford, Ontario. Does anybody know whether it is a river or lake or what it is called I can't seem to find any information on it...we just drove down a backroad and fished from the shore. There are perch and sunfish and bass. Does anybody know what species are in there? The one time we went there 2 we were greeted by some birds that just would not leave us be. They had heads of turkeys with webbed feet. Any idea what it could be?

we were on some pretty good stuff...lol maybe I was too tired or something but it was pretty crazy. There was 3 of them...it's possible we got pictures so I'll ask my brother and I'll post them if I can get a hold of them.

Yep, there are three main ponds. The place is highly pressured. It's okay if you want to go catch a couple panfish,but not much more. BigBassRich would be the authority there I believe. I think if you go to Action Angling he did an episode from there. I found it, here's the link http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-75...00&hl=en-CA . Always entertaining!

Edited by kennyman

There are big fish, but they will take some legwork.. or some luck. My best advice is to bring a little boat, and stay off the banks. Once summer hits those fish move to the greener weeds in the main channels. Those ponds have a surprising amount of current running through them.

As for species you've got perch, sunfish, crappie, bass, pike and carp for the most part.

Thanks for the link Kennyman! :)

Edited by Rich

There are big fish, but they will take some legwork.. or some luck. My best advice is to bring a little boat, and stay off the banks. Once summer hits those fish move to the greener weeds in the main channels. Those ponds have a surprising amount of current running through them.

As for species you've got perch, sunfish, crappie, bass, pike and carp for the most part.

Thanks for the link Kennyman! :)

No problem on the link Rich. I love those Action Angling adventures. Thanks for making them!!! My fave is the Otonabee episode. All hail BigMuskyRich :worthy: Looking forward to new ones too bud.

yeah my brother and I kept on fishing the one on the left side coming from Hamilton. Drove a few minutes down that dirt/gravel road where people like to throw their garbage. Just fished a few little spots in that area. We've never had a boat in there but have wanted to but getting my dad to lend the boat would be tough. Told my brother last time we should try the other side too and maybe just walk further into the bush and stuff and try and discover more spots.