Local Bass Clubs...Who on here are members of some

whynotalen

Hey All,

in the past year I have become very serious about fishing. I been learning as much as I can and buying equipment like crazy. hence looking for a boat eventually (as seen in my other discussion question). I still suck at fishing but I love it.

I been reading lots online and came about the BASS masters organization and found that there tons of local clubs in Ontario. I decided that i will join my local Bassmasters club in the coming year to become a better fisher and to meet more people who share me new passion, and meanwhile have subscribed to Bassmasters Online/Magazine.

Well, yesterday I also noticed that the FLW has the Fed Nation with also a few clubs in Ontario ( not as many as BASS) but I did notice that JP DeRose was the President of one.

My Question, are you part of a BASS Club? Which one? How do you like it? Do you recommend one over the other? Maybe you are part of both?

I belong to Waterloo Wellington & BPS CBAF clubs, KW Cambridge Bassmasters Club their tournaments are Draw type usually a different boater each Tourney & a local club in Tara that mostly has Team events, Very little if any Politics in the CBAF Clubs and a tourney every week if you would like, $40 or $50 for gas for the day & about the same for entry fees. Not bad for a day on the water, plus a chance to win some money back,

Richard

This is our Tournament dates & if you go to CBAF site it will have all the tournament for all of the clubs which are open for all members to fish, every year they pick some different lakes, I try and make as many Meetings as possible & fish the weekends I'm available My clubs or other Clubs

I hope this works Richard

http://forum.cbaf.ca...823f414cc055163

May 2(Bass) Lake Erie(Buffalo) Club(Qualifier1)

June 20(Pike+) Belwood Lake Family Event

Just a fun ½ day of fishing for Fathers Day followed by a BBQ

No limit to number of Family Anglers per Boat

June 26 Orillia Big Brothers Event – Volunteers Needed

July 8(Bass Evening) Shades Mill(evening) Club(Qualifier2)

July 10(Bass) Dog/Whitefish/Cranberry Joint(Qualifier3 )

August 11(Wednesday) CBAF/IZUMI Corporate Challenge Bellville

August 7(Bass) Lakes Rosseau/Joseph Joint(Qaulifier4)

August 12(Bass) Belwood Lake(evening) Club(Qualifier5)

August 28(Bass) Georgian Bay(Penatang.) Joint(Qualifier6)

September 19(Bass) Lake Seymour Joint(Qualifier7)

October 2(Bass) Fed Cup Quinte Club(Qualifier8)

October 3(Bass) Fed Cup Quinte Club(Qualifier9)

October 16(Bass) Lake Simcoe(Couch) Club(Qualifier10)

October 30(Bass) Lake Erie(Pt.Colbourne) Joint(Qualifier11)

Both are ther pefect stepping stone to get started in competative bass fishing. CBAF being the new one of the two, but the CBAF has grown to pretty much be the second largest bass circuit in Ontario, that is all angler driven.

If he/she is a top angler in the province I ll be that they belong to the CBAF, no politics, no hassles and for a 100 or so you are pretty much guaranteed to get into a 50k bass boat and fish with some of the bess bass guys in the province, no 8 boat tournaments here, seymour say close to 50 last weekend. PM if you want more info

Clubs are a great place to learn whether it is for walleye, musky, bass or trout/salmon. There are no clubs(bass) here in SW Ont(Windsor) but I have done a number of seminars in Michigan for walleye and trout. I am amazed at the size and the involvement these people have dedicated to their respective organizations. Some of the clubs exceed 400 members.. WOW!! Now you know when politicians try to pull something over there(USA)these groups get involved and have their say before it becomes a law. Many updates on stocking programs and always youth activities to teach them right.

Good luck with your search for a club, I know you will enjoy it and learn.