New Salmon/Steelhead rod?

fishinguypat

Browning Six Rivers, decent rod under $100...I have a 10 1/2 ft that I use for bottom bouncing fast rivers or tossing spinners. Also picked up a Berkley Tactix for the better half for her first steelhead rod for a great price at Angling Outfitters last year, came recommended by Jos as a decent rod for the price. Couple suggestions, anyways. Look for sensitivity and a bit of back bone (if you want to toss spinners). Good luck!!

There are many routes you can go when choosing a steelehead rod. When I was just starting out I found that crazy long float rods (13'+) were tricky to cast and get used to. My first steelie rod was an 11'er and I paired it with my favourite bass spinning reel. If I were you, I would invest in a decent float rod (since you can easily attach a spinning or float reel), that will last you for more than 1 season.

Go to your local tackle store and feel some rods for yourself. I think my first rod was a browning 6 rivers, it ran me about 120$ and has landed tons of fish.

One thing I learned very quickly, finding a "one size fits all" setup for steele/salmon is next to impossible. Having fished bass most of my life I was used to have one main rod that matched most situations, but this concept is very different when it comes to float rods. Good luck! :D

streamside and quantum are both good steelie rods for the money, over the counter warranty is worth the few extra bucks over your budget

also check the online classifieds, this time of year lots of stuff goign up...I've picked up two st. croix wildriver rods in the past while, one for 80 and the other 100...one new in plastic the other like new condition

streamside and quantum are both good steelie rods for the money, over the counter warranty is worth the few extra bucks over your budget

also check the online classifieds, this time of year lots of stuff goign up...I've picked up two st. croix wildriver rods in the past while, one for 80 and the other 100...one new in plastic the other like new condition

You can go for the cheaper version of the streamside too....the 11' or the 13' would be good rods...99$ for the cheaper version....great rod, i have the 11', it was my first float rod.

Has tonnes of power!