Cowgirl inline spinner

linweir

Anyone used this muskie lure? I try to order a couple.

Wonder if it's worth $30 each (much more expenisve than most bucktail spinners)?

They look mint though.

I haven't made the jump to anything that big blade wise, although the St. Clair Hounds I talked about in an earlier post come close bladewise. Cowgirls create a lot of drag, and a lot of reels (and fisherman) can't handle cranking them for any length of time. Last time out I spoke to a couple good fellows from the States and they always troll with one. A very popular lure that some would put ahead of sliced bread, as far as being the greatest thing. I have a number of the smaller Double Showgirls and DC-8 Llungen Tale bucktails that look cool, but haven't caught me any fish yet. This is quite possibly due to me having more confidence in other lures and switching up pretty quick. I'd sell ya 3 of my double 8 baits for that money if you lived close to Stratford and wanted to try something similar but in a little smaller size. But I digress. A lot of people love 'em. Do a search on a couple U.S. musky forums for more opinions on these baits. Andy

Linweir you have a PM.

I have some D10's and D13's, they sure make a lot of fuss in the water. You definitely need the appropriate reel to haul them back in. In my humble opinion the D13 is probably a better trolling lure than casting lure, but I really like throwing the D10's and D8's.

Edited by John

Thank you guys for these info.

I made some similar (?) cowgirls type lures. I purchased skirts from Ebay, and put thme together with blades. Looks cool, and yes, it's cheap. May it work? I don't know, I haven't landed one using it, LOL.

However I still wanna try real cowgirls. I'm told they're really productive.