Boat motor problem

Cosmos

Hi guys,

I really need to get some help. I bought my first alliminium boat last week. It's came with suzuki D9.9 hp motor, probably 1984, at least that is writing on the manual. The boat and motor were being stored at garage for 10 years or even more. When i was buying the boat i started the motor and i saw fuel coming out at the place where the fuel hose connector is coming to motor fuel connector part, guy who sold me told that this is oil ring which was on the motor connector part is bad, i checked and yes it was bad. Motor was running fine. I bought an oil ring and put on the motor connector part. I took boat yesterday for a test and i wasn't able to make a motor to run. Fuel was leaking pretty badly every time i was pressing bulb. I take a fuel line and tank with me to closest marina. Guy looked at it and sad that i need to replace fuel line connector but he doesn't have it in stock. On my way home i stopped on other marina. Another person try to help me and pointed my atention on fuel line connectro saying that where is another ring inside of it. He managed to pull it our and it was destroyed completely. Rubber was pretty much like a plastic, really hard to bend even. I am positive that problem is not with the motor, because i can start it once the fuel get to the system and stops because off this leaking.

I took both parts off the motor.

Can you guys let me know where i can get these 2 rings installed?

I don't really want to buy a new connectors.

I already talked to Suzuki dealer and they wants $150+hst. Unfortanutely it's too much for me.

I attached eimages of those parts.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

motorconnector.jpg

fuelhoseconnector.jpg

Those look like simple rubber "O" rings, available at most hardware/plumbing stores. I would measure the Outer Diameter of the male part and find a suitable "O" ring. I'm assuming it'll be the same part for the Female end of the connector, possibly a different diameter.

check ebay. If it were my motor Id first get the serial # and find out what year it is to start. then id go online and look for a parts breakdown and find a part #. There very well could be a rebuild kit for that part. Suzuki's generally are good motors (IMO anyway) Good luck my friend. Id also shop around before I payed a guy $150 for that part...Like I said find out what year it is exactally, most suzuki dealers should be able to tell you by giving the serial # then you can look for parts from there.

Hey guys,

I got a full manual for that motor and found the part numbers. I went ebay and found same parts twice cheaper. Some other internet shops have them as well.

Is it possible to put O-rings on my old ones?

Thanks.

Yes, the outside one can be taken off with a small nail, the inside one is a bit more difficult, use a small hook.