Friday Report *PICS*

steverowbotham

Well the weather this past week was just ridiculous and I had to cancel a couple charters because of it. It's just not worth the risk. Labour Day morning had a good forecast so we continued as usual and headed out to the Innisfil area of Lake Simcoe. It didnt take long to get into them, but we never got any giants. A lot of 2.5 - 3.5 pound fish. Clients got cold in the wind and rain and we headed in a little early, as they said they were happy with what they had.

Still need to upload these pics*

Tuesday a good friend of mine headed to a favourite lake in search of some big largies. We had a tournament on Tri-Lakes on Wednesday, but with the way the weather was, a good, informative pre-fish would have been near impossible. So we figured we'd trailer to a different lake and try for some giants. We saw a bald eagle here which was pretty awesome, I've never seen one in this area close enough that I could confirm.

It was extremely windy and the bite was slow, but we did manage to tangle with some nice critters. All fish caught on Punisher jigs and Yamamoto Flappin Hawgs.

60918_471618218091_502843091_6660931_7289499_n.jpg

57910_471618358091_502843091_6660934_3293724_n.jpg

57910_471618363091_502843091_6660935_1360535_n.jpg

57910_471618368091_502843091_6660936_839711_n.jpg

Wednesday we fished the Classic for our small series we've been doing all year. Between us, we'd only been to Tri-Lakes 3 times and had no pre-fish so we werent exactly sure what to do. We started in Pigeon chasing smallies, but after only one 12 incher, we decided to move out to deeper weeds and target largies. They wouldnt eat the jig, but they would eat the Flappin Hawg, we got a bunch of 2 pounders to fill out a limit, then just tried to find calm shorelines to look for a bruiser. We never found our kicker fish but we did upgrade our bag quite a bit and ended up finishing in 2nd place. Another Bridesmaid spot.... too many of those this year haha.

Fishing the CSFL Fall Challenge on Cooch this weekend, looking forward to it. Take care, and good fishin'

Not related to your post. But I was watching the news a few weeks back.. The National. They where talking about UFC coming to Ontario (finally!).. They interviewed a MMA fighter and his name was Steve Rowbotham... I see you in Tap-Out shirts in some of your pics.. It didn't really look like you from what I can tell from your pics.. Any relation?

Not related to your post. But I was watching the news a few weeks back.. The National. They where talking about UFC coming to Ontario (finally!).. They interviewed a MMA fighter and his name was Steve Rowbotham... I see you in Tap-Out shirts in some of your pics.. It didn't really look like you from what I can tell from your pics.. Any relation?

That was my brother Mike Rowbotham, he fights professionally