Fulton Swing Tongue kit

Pigeontroller

Hi Pigeontroller,

I had one installed by the mechanic who looks after my boat about 4 years ago. I needed the extra 18 or so inches to allow my boat to fit into the garage of the house I bought. So far, no issues and happy with it. The only thing I did was buy a 5' extension for the 4pin trailer wire and wrapped it with a plastic wire cover to avoid getting it pinched or worn.

He said it was a pretty easy job and the kit included everything that was needed. He said the hardest part was cutting the tongue off the trailer square and straight(sawzall), everything else just bolted up. Then again, I didn't do it either.

For me, it was worth the money.

Bill

Does anyone have one of these? I am planning on getting one and doing it myself. I'm not looking for install help, just curious if anyone has one and what they think of it?

I have one on my trailer and love it.

Been using it for 3 years.

Works great no problems at all with it.

The only way to get my trailer in the garage :thumbsup_anim:

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

i installed one last year. it is awesome.

installation. How's it go again? Cut twice, measure once? haha.

read all the instructions carefully. tip. invest in or borrow a torque wrench. a regular socket wrench is too short and made my job way too difficult. consider placement carefully as the safety chains have to be on trailer and not the foldaway part. and most importantly be careful not to cut the wire that runs through the trailer. Cut about 2/3 of the way down and then stick a thin piece of plastic in the cut to lift up the wire above the blade.

other than that it works like a charm.

i installed one last year. it is awesome.

and most importantly be careful not to cut the wire that runs through the trailer. Cut about 2/3 of the way down and then stick a thin piece of plastic in the cut to lift up the wire above the blade.

other than that it works like a charm.

Sounds like that was spoken from experience......

Very good point though, something that a few would not think of until the harness wires started to vibrate also!

Dax,you can actually rent a bandsaw that makes the tongue cut much easier and nice and square.

Bandsaw not really necessary. The cut doesn't have to be perfect. Use a small square, mark the line and cut w a recip saw. I suppose you oukd even use a circular saw given you have metal cutting blade.