Pike Inviading my trout steam

Drock6687

I was at my trout steam today catching the normally e dozen small rainbows and seaching for the 5 or 6 pound browns that swim arond there when something big hit my line... It started to rip mine line out of the spool and when it came up every little bit it it looked really really long and skinny...when it got aroudn 10 ft from me i finally could tell it was a pike! the biggest one I have caught... 12 lbs i would guess...it was a beast in such a small stream. I have fished there for about 5 years or so and my uncle has been fishign there for 35 years and never have either one of us caught or seen a pike (and this one was a beast). Sicne he was eating my beloved browns I defended their waters and he didnt return to eat anymore but it was soooooo strange catching a pike in the trout steam!

It's happened to me as well, one of my favourite little brookie streams that occasionally coughed up a true trohpy.

Unfortunately the few pike I did catch were out of season so I reluctantly returned then to the creek, I'd have much prefered to make a meal of them. w00t.gif

I was at my trout steam today catching the normally e dozen small rainbows and seaching for the 5 or 6 pound browns that swim arond there when something big hit my line... It started to rip mine line out of the spool and when it came up every little bit it it looked really really long and skinny...when it got aroudn 10 ft from me i finally could tell it was a pike! the biggest one I have caught... 12 lbs i would guess...it was a beast in such a small stream. I have fished there for about 5 years or so and my uncle has been fishign there for 35 years and never have either one of us caught or seen a pike (and this one was a beast). Sicne he was eating my beloved browns I defended their waters and he didnt return to eat anymore but it was soooooo strange catching a pike in the trout steam!

That's a big pike for such a small stream. He WAS king of the water....you must have thought you had a monster trout.

That's a big pike for such a small stream. He WAS king of the water....you must have thought you had a monster trout.

I thoguht I had a absolute trophy of a brown trout...i dont know if I was more shocked or disapointed when i saw its ugly face and relised it was a pike and not a 12 lb brown

Pike: All teeth and no consideration for anybody's stream.

I'm pretty sure I know which stream you're talkin about. And this stream has had a population of pike for longer than its had browns... look it up in the guide to eating ontario sport fish. If this fish was as big as you say it is then wow! I've seen quite a few in there. Most were small. Did see one that looked to be around 10 pounds.