Meteor

taper

Did any one else catch the meteor in the sky around 8pm last night. I went outside at work with a couple of friends to chat while they had a smoke and we got to see the brightest and lowest meteor that I have ever seen. Probably the first time I was ever glad some one smoked.

It is funny that you should mention it. My kids went out for a bit last night and came home to tell me they just saw a meteor. My first response was "right!" you know the sarcastic tone parents get. Did you stop at anyones house along the way??? ( had to check right?) They assured me they actually saw a meteor... and were on cloud nine about it. There are times you wish you hadn't missed the look on their faces, and this was one of them. I love watching the sky's wonders!

I caught that one as I was leaving the lake from an unproductive evening of fishing. It was a doubleheader of beauty as there was a Great horned owl in the tree on the side of the road we had stopped to take a gander at when I said, "hey looked at that" to the kids. We left St. John and continued up to HAliburton where we hooked into 3 lakers today.....

I saw a similar meteorite last week..... anybody hear about this in the news?

H2Whoa! and I were heading south on the 400 from Parry Sound and we both caught the spectacular event in HD wide screen format from the Jeeps windshield while travelling uphill. The meteor entered the atmosphere almost at eye level, and observed it from start to finish. It seemed to travel almost in slow motion, and the tradjectory was interesting to witness as well as it had a distinct arc to its path. What an awesome experience. I have actually seen one larger that the one last night many years ago, which caused an enormous hype. A memorable sighting indeed, especially away from the city lanterns. When we get some pictures ready, we should have a report from our weekend up north ... unfortunately the Jeep doesn't come equiped with camera ready capabilities! Damn Daimler! Only a matter of time ;)