Floro to Braid

bigmac1984

I had a post on here a while ago asking for advice on what type of knots to tie when tying floro to braid. Alof of good suggestions and i recently tried a few on the water. I had 1 break at the knot (likely my tying skills - or lack therof), but they all seemed to work once i felt comfortable tying them.

My question this time is how beneficial is it to use some sort of glue to ensure the knot is very secure? does anyone do this with like an epoxy or something? If so, what brand/type do you recommend to put on the knot so I have real piece of mind that the bond is strong and won't break.

Thanks again everyone.

Loon makes something called UV Knot Strength…I’ve never used it but I used their UV wader repair stuff to make a loop in my fly line (beyond repairing my waders with)...Seemed to work pretty well and was strong.

Other products you can take a look at commonly used by fly anglers are zap-a-gap and Pliobond. I think both are waterproof/water resistant.

I've never tried super glue or crazy glue...If you have some around the house it might be worth a try experimenting with it at home before you hit the water.

I use the albright. Its a very strong and compact knot. The tag ends comes out parallel to the lines. As for the glue, any dollar store superglue will do. You only need a dab. I use it as a confidence thing so I know there is absolutely zero slippage in the knot. This hasn't failed me yet.

I had a post on here a while ago asking for advice on what type of knots to tie when tying floro to braid. Alof of good suggestions and i recently tried a few on the water. I had 1 break at the knot (likely my tying skills - or lack therof), but they all seemed to work once i felt comfortable tying them.

My question this time is how beneficial is it to use some sort of glue to ensure the knot is very secure? does anyone do this with like an epoxy or something? If so, what brand/type do you recommend to put on the knot so I have real piece of mind that the bond is strong and won't break.

Thanks again everyone.

Click here for the knot you need...