Bassin' @ the Local Pond!

rbaquial

So, a buddy of mine has taken me to this place about twice now. I've caught on average (with my Ultra-Lights) 6inch bass, 4-5inch sunfish, the odd perch (5inches) and crappie (largest 9inches) all (at what I thought was the average) fish caught out of the lake, hence why I bought only my Ultra-Lights.

Buddy, rigs up with a WHOLE worm under a float. And I'm thinking... Nah, its not possible he can get some nice sized fish outta here. I mean, I know they stock once a year... but I don't think its possible. Anyway, to make a long story short - he does his lil dance, and gets tangled often enough to annoy the avg. fisherman... And what do I say to him.... "You know what that means?".. he replies "What?".... I say "Your gotta catch a big one, watch!".... Well, wouldn't you know it... there ARE SOME BIG BASS outta this little pond! :)

Enjoy the fish Pr0n!

1st Bass caught..(2 pics)

[Pic 1 of 2]

Bass1B.jpg

[Pic 2 of 2]

Bass1A.jpg

2nd Bass caught...

[Pic 1 of 2]

Bass2A_EDIT.jpg

[Pic 2 of 2]

Bass2B.jpg

.... Here are my DINKIES!!

Fish 1 of 2

MyBass.jpg

...My "Biggest" of the day! :P

MyBass2.jpg

We're hittin' up this place again on SUNDAY. This time, I'm coming PREPARED! :D

....."To be Continued...."....

Nice report man - looks like a quality day of bass fishing! What kind of ultra-lite are you using? Mine is a 5'6" St. Croix and those first couple bass would be a real riot on the UL.

Thanks for sharing - looks like a decent day at what I'm assuming is a relatively urban pond.

Ryan

Nice report man - looks like a quality day of bass fishing! What kind of ultra-lite are you using? Mine is a 5'6" St. Croix and those first couple bass would be a real riot on the UL.

Thanks for sharing - looks like a decent day at what I'm assuming is a relatively urban pond.

Ryan

Mine is the 7'6" BPS model (2pc)... I think my buddies was Bill Dance 5'0"... pretty awesome that he caught 'em on UL's!!