Looking for a float plane trip in Southern Ontario

Hey folks.

My wife says she would like to book a float plane trip for my 30th birthday in June this year - something I've always wanted to do. :canadian: However she hasn't been able to find much info for southern Ontario. Any suggestions where I could get such a trip?

I'm based in Toronto - does anyone know if they have float plane trips from the Island airport to lakes up north or would I have to travel somewhere else first then take a plane north? Perhaps someone can suggest an operator or perhaps a fly-in fishing lodge? Any ideas on price would be good too as I have no idea how much a trip would be and even if we can afford it! Any help would be appreciated. :thumbsup_anim:

Cheers

I am just speculating here, but I don't think there are float plane trips that fly out of Toronto.

How far North do you want to go on this trip? I looked into a trip a couple of years back. Drive to Sudbury, fly to an Airport further in the boonies, about 2 hours. Catch a float plane there and fly a couple of hours further. I didn't end up going.

Good luck with it though and keep us posted on what you find out.

Hi Dutch. Thanks for the reply. I guess I will have the same problem you had - not being able to find an operator close by and having to drive a long way north first - which is not something I really want to do. I was hoping I might find an operator near Toronto or at worst within a few hours of T.O and then see where they fly to. I don't mind doing a day trip just for the expereince though the thought of a longer fly-in fishing trip sounds good too.

That Stanton Air places looks interesting. Secluded fishing not too far away, might be good for a day or two trip.

Bass fishing looks to be the the thing with all those lakes though. Just my opinion, but I would be looking further North for fly-in - with Walleye and Pike fishing. Especially since Walleye are getting more scare here in the South, don't catch enough for table-fare anymore. It would be nice to get away to where they are more plentiful and catch a stringer or two. Also, on those smaller lakes I find the small bass soooo aggresive, since they have to compete for food with the big-uns, that you are constantly catching 8"-12" fish. In the end I guess that's not so bad, but for a fly-in trip I would be looking for a little bit more. Again, only my opinion.