wildwood????

bow slayer

Just wanted to know if it was worth the effort to fish wildwood.I have not fished it in about 15 years. It is late summer and water temps are high along with algae and low water levels. I am off tommorrow and would like to take my 10 year old out to fish for bass and pike. He has mastered the baitcaster(as well the bow mount) and loves casting topwaters for bass and pike.He even bought himself a scum frog last week. Well is there anything doing out on the pond ,thanks.

PS any tips on lure choices and general locations would be greatly appreciated.

Haven't been to Wildwood this year yet but I always had luck right in the area where all the boats park near the launch for SM Bass. I also like the area across the lake in front of the sailing club for pike and the stretch where the cottages are for both bass and pike. My #1 lure was a white 1/8oz jig & grub combo.

Actually the water levels are quite high for this time of year. I never seen it so high in August. This is due to the heavy rains we had over the last few weeks. Water is also quite stained due to runoff from these storms.

Topwater baits are fine for first & last light but during the day stick with something that makes noise (spinners & rattle lures) or disturb large volumes of water (large plugs) in bright colours & finishes.