Ever Feel like Beating some punks down?

jedimaster

Well so a lady(recently divorced) at work, was talking to me and she tells me about how her van got stolen and she didn't have theft coverage. I was talking to her about how to make a claim with her home insurance for the items in the car as I had mine stolen before as well.

Anyway she gets a call from the cops on the weekend... Maam we found your car at such and such. She goes down and its upside down in a ditch completly totalled. Well it turns out four 14 year old kids stole two cars, went joy riding(off road) and totalled both cars. Now of course she gonna get nothing for the car, and nothing from the insurance, now she has to pay ot the loan, get new car seats, pay for a rental to commute to work til she buys another car, and to boot she is paying for the tow truck removal of the car from the location, and storage until it gets sent to the wreckers.

Seriously what the hell? I mean someones gotta go bang 4 doors down and hold these kids upside down until they our there parents pay for the damages. What kind of an screwed up world do we live in? She feels bad and doesn't want to sue the kids parents but seriously. DOes anyone know a pro bono lawyer that needs some hours that could help this lady out?

"she feels bad"....

Why?

Because some unruly belligerent little JERKS stole her vehicle and it's gonna cost her BIG time.

Go after the parents in civil court and GO BIG.

Chances are the parents will settle out of court first and the kids may learn a lesson about ACCOUNTABILITY ! Or not :wallbash:

Still confused. I was under the impression that theft coverage was part of basic insurance even without collision and comprehensive. I she has a home owners policy that covers contents but no theft on the vehicle, doesn't make sense.

Guest gbfisher

Has insurance but didn't have theft coverage.

Wonder how much she saved by not having theft? That alone doesnt seen right.

Sounds like she didnt have INS at all, like many people on the roads today... <_<

She lied to someone about the lien on the car... Either you or the insurance company. I have a feeling its you as you can't get liability only insurance with a lien on the car. Or like everyone else says, she didn't actually have insurance.

Edited by TC1OZ

i dont care about laws,or ages,if someone does any damage to my family or property i dont call cops.

my buddy was driving up the sherman cut and two 13-14 yr old kids were throwing rocks off the bridge onto cars,striking his 3 day old freshly painted car. he parked the car further up the hill,ran around thru the bush up onto the train bridge where they were,they ran,one got away, the other was grabbed and while he begged for mercy and pleaded that it wasnt him (of course) my friend punched his face several times knocking the kid out cold. i bet he threw his last rocks.

i dont care who agree with this or not. id have done the same.

i dont care about laws,or ages,if someone does any damage to my family or property i dont call cops.

my buddy was driving up the sherman cut and two 13-14 yr old kids were throwing rocks off the bridge onto cars,striking his 3 day old freshly painted car. he parked the car further up the hill,ran around thru the bush up onto the train bridge where they were,they ran,one got away, the other was grabbed and while he begged for mercy and pleaded that it wasnt him (of course) my friend punched his face several times knocking the kid out cold. i bet he threw his last rocks.

And you win the prize for the most intelligent post of the day, well done! :sarcasm:

Because the cops get called after you try to resolve the situation is my guess on why you never call the cops.....

And you win the prize for the most intelligent post of the day, well done! :sarcasm:

thats right make all the hippy comments you want. we'll wait for people to be killed by rocks coming thru their windsheilds. then we will see how you feel about punks getting 'a talking to' for pulling stunts like this.

She bought the van with her line of credit and as such no insurance coverage minimums apply. Funny to imply her to be a liar. The reason she didn't have theft is when she was married they had theft on one of the cars but not the other as they didn't worry about it if the van got stolen, when she got divorced she just had them seperate the policies, she got the van he got the car. She thought they would have put the same full coverage on both but the only split the policy and didn't re write it. So is it her fault she didn't check, umm yah, no one is arguing she shouldn't carry theft, but what can you do? go back in time and get coverge on something that gets stolen? In cases like this weather or not there is coverage, when the person is found they should be held liable.

You have to have full coverage when financing a car but if you get a personal loan or add it to your mortgage you can have liability only.

Basic insurance is liability only, then you can add fire/theft, comprehensive etc.

We didn't have theft coverage for a while because it added on about $1000/yr

I've been down the insurance road before :wallbash:

thats right make all the hippy comments you want. we'll wait for people to be killed by rocks coming thru their windsheilds. then we will see how you feel about punks getting 'a talking to' for pulling stunts like this.

Oh I agree 100% that these kids needs a rude awakening, BUT, thumping a 13 or 14 year old unconscious doesn't solve the problem, just someone's anger or ego at the time. If that floats your boat and satisfies your manhood then what can I say..

Oh I agree 100% that these kids needs a rude awakening, BUT, thumping a 13 or 14 year old unconscious doesn't solve the problem, just someone's anger or ego at the time. If that floats your boat and satisfies your manhood then what can I say..

Well not to push any stereo types... but his name is Lunatic and he has a Harley symbol for his picture.... enough said.