Oops, I did it again

Garyv

I posted about Gander Mountain and my St Croix rod purchase previously, but after I got home and up until last night I kept on thinking about the other rod they had and I would have liked to purchase. One of the reasons I didn't was I knew I would be pulled in and have to pay on they way back if I spent to much. Anyway yesterday early evening I called my Daughter in law and asked her if she wanted to do some grocery shopping stateside and off we went. I checked the crossing time on line at the bridge and there was no delay, but by the time we got there it took 50 min to get across, the only bad part of the trip.

We did make a side stop on the way the Meyers and Wal Mart for groceries at Gander again and I ( after my wife said heres the money for your fathers day present early ) bought the other rod a G Loomis 7' 6" Mag-Light Ex-fast 6 to 12 Lb test line beauty. I figured this would not only be a great rod for steel heading but back trolling and jigging for Walleye and the occasional favorite of mine Smallmouth. When we got home I showed my wife the present she had bought me and she said 2 things.

1. I'm happy you like it

2. Your done going over to Gander for a few months!

Now do I dare tell her about the trip to Cabela's the beginning of April?

:clapping:

You da man .... isnt that what you are supposed to be spending all your savings (from not smoking on) ... by the way Gary ... you are now saving approximately $120 / week ...EVERY WEEK .... based on todays prices ... so I think you should get to go at least once a month ... and still be up a couple hundred :)

S all you guys who quit years ago ... got some SERIOUS SPENDING to do !!!!!

camillj... You little friend

superpest.jpg

has a brother that lives in my area...so far this winter he has eaten his way through a plastic, wood AND thin metal feeder to get at the bird food we put out. Since bullets can't hurt him and he is faster than a speeding ranger bass boat guess there's not much I can do to stop him!........LOL

I have a friend who after trying EVERYTHING .. got one of these .. and says he gets many hours of amusement watching them try to figure out ways to beat it ....

I, on the other hand, simply stopped buying seed ... now my feeder is (almost) completely squirrel free :)

Edited by camillj