Electrical wiring

walleyejack

Guest gbfisher

Call Sparky :rolleyes:

Now what would that do seeing as there are a few Licensed sparkys in this thread already... :tease:

Terry has it right and he's not licensed. :clapping:

EUREKA !!!!!

Fianlly got it working, had so much confidence in fellow OFC ers, that i didn t even test it as I went along,put the whole thing together,blades,lights, and sure enough,flipped the switch and it didn t work. :worthy: Then i pulled the chain. :thumbsup_anim:

I thank everyone immensley for their input, and Terry who dug and kept coming up with suggestions. Thanks everyone.

I'm not an electrician, but I have done 4 fan/light combos in my home, all with switches for the light, three were retrofitting an existing light fixture and one was a new installation in the middle of the living room when I got a gas fireplace. All are wired the same, so the fan is allways live to the pull chain and the light is switched by the light switch, the pull chain for it is left on. I would say what we need to do is identify the pair of wires that go to the light switch, is that possible ? is there attic access ? What I've done is connect the black from the switch alone to the blue light wire, I then put a black band with marker on the white wire from the switch for future reference at the fan electrical box, connect all your black wires and the black banded wire together and the white wires together , guess the ground doesn't come in play here as it is only a 2 wire circuit. That should take care of it if I understand the problem correctly.

edit: I'm assuming the only wire going to the switch is the one dropped down a wall from the fan and there is not any run direct fron the fuse / breaker box.

Edited by dave524

Guest gbfisher

LOL..NO I just gave instructions on how to do it...........:clapping:

Must be nice being paid well and having someone else pull your wire all day.

Desiganted wire pullers... :clapping:

Guest gbfisher

I find strippers make the best wire pullers........

they are so eager to learn

As long as they don't nick the wires it's ok. You have to make sure you have good strippers though eh...