Any Tips for "Sandy Lake" near Buckhorn?

Raycaster

The wife is scouting a thanksgiving location for a weekend rental for the relatives and although fishing is a low priority for her I usually have a say in how "nice" the pictures look of the cottage...

Last year our family's rented a cottage for thanksgiving in Brit and we ended up catching a few big boy pikes in 30 minutes. Ready for an awesome weekend we failed to register a nimble after that but the pics of the big catch made up for it!

Anyways, the wife is tilting towards this new "Sandy Lake" location and as you can imagine typing SANDY LAKE in the search option provides too much info.

The cottage's website like may say "great fishing" but I thought I'd ask the guys that know... this forum.

i have a trailer on that lake and there is alot of big smallmouth and average sized walleye and we pulled a 47 inch muskie out last year my favorite spot is on the north shore were there is a large drop off that is visible by eye. i also have luck fishing swimming docks were the smallies seem to school in packs of 5 to 6 fish. This lake has been called dead by lots off people buts thats casue yoou need a boat and some skills. I have not been skunked in about three years on this lake. Tube jigs work the best use natural crayfish looking colours for bass, worm harnesses for walleye and large spinners for muskie at dusk. another easy way to find fish is to looks for weed patches its easy to do the water is clear and the large dark patches are weeds good luck and study the ledges and the fish will be easy to find.

I would recommend going there! Mostly white mucky bottom due to ancient seashell sedimentation. The fish caught are silvery coloured due to bottom.

Musky, walleye and bass are there. Using real worms on harnesses trolled slowly along might produce something or a shallow running small musky bait might surprise. Your wife would be happy and stuff can be caught on this small lake.