The Great Canadian Tournament Tackle Company - Anyone know of them?

BillsTheBassMan

So last weekend the lady convinces me to go to the market, keeping me away from the river in the process.

I find a tackle stand within five minutes of being there (she gives me the "only you could find tackle at a food market" look). They are called the "Great Canadian Tournament Tackle Company" and the gentleman says they are based out of Hamilton. I ask him if the goods are made in Canada and he says "nothing is made in North America anymore." A bad first impression, but we continue talking, and he is a really nice guy. His lures are priced to sell at $2.50 a pop and he features 4/5 different topwater frogs, some triple jointed swim baits, single jointed crankbaits, and some good looking jerkbaits. I buy the 4 for $10 and have yet to fish the lures.

I am wondering if anyone knows anything about these guys or if anyone has fished their lures? They seem solid and it may be a way that some of you OFC'ers can put some decent lures in your collection for cheap.

Ryan

The lures are all $4.99 on their website. They put the Canadian flag on everything. I imagine it's an import company. These guys seem to be the owners with two Southern Ontario area codes. Ralph Tessaro: (289) 237-5338

Marc Larocque: (905) 741 5338

The lures are all $4.99 on their website. They put the Canadian flag on everything. I imagine it's an import company. These guys seem to be the owners with two Southern Ontario area codes. Ralph Tessaro: (289) 237-5338

Marc Larocque: (905) 741 5338

Hmmmmm, lures were $2.50 at the St. Jacobs Market. The waders were $25.

It was a little disheartening seeing the Canadian flag all over imported goods, but the guys were nice and they seemed to know what they were talking about.

I have a few of these guys in my box. Some cool lures. Great action on some of them. Although I've never caught anything on them. I got them from Bills Bait and Tackle on Upper James in Hamilton.

I hesitated on them and bulked up on the cotten cordels at the same price!

I ran into him at his house in Caledonia at their annual yard sale last year and bought a rubber net off of him for a fair price and he had lures 4 for 10 bucks and I bought 4 . He was also selling waders and some other fishing stuff. Seemed like a nice guy and had a beautiful Ranger boat in his garage.

I ran into him at his house in Caledonia at their annual yard sale last year and bought a rubber net off of him for a fair price and he had lures 4 for 10 bucks and I bought 4 . He was also selling waders and some other fishing stuff. Seemed like a nice guy and had a beautiful Ranger boat in his garage.

Have you fished or caught anything on the lures?