Stainless Point for Well

Fishnwire

Anyone know what I should expect to pay for a stainless point? I heard they're around $100, but I have a guy who wants to sell me a brand new one he claims has "no-screen and will last forever" which he says he paid almost $300 for, but will sell me for a lot (a lot!) less. I asked for more info on the point but he's hasn't got back to me yet and I was hoping some one could chime in with the kind of knowledge we all hope to tap into at OFC! (I want to know if he is Bull'ing.)

Also, does anyone know how much 1 1/4 inch galvanized pipe is per foot? I heard about $5...does that sound right?

-

I know I could phone around and get some of these answers but most places are closed (its past 6:00) and I'd like to get back to this guy tonight.

I really appreciate any help. Thanks folks.

I believe what you are referring to is known as a sand point. Driven in to sandy ground to provide water. I don't know the pricing but any hardware store outside of the big city should have stock of the point and piping and be able to give you a price. They usually have a fine stainless steel screen wrapping around them to separate the water from the sand/soil, I'm curious about this 'screen less' version. Hope this helps.

Cheers

jac

Mine has been in use for about 27 years, no problems, it's a regular stainless type. The only thing is the type of ground you want to use it in, mostly used for sandy soil within 40' of the water table. I don't know if that would work for your soil conditions.