Portable transducer w/suction cup

Hooked

Problem I have is, and always had with it, is the suction cup for my portable transducer keeps coming off. I recall sometime ago someone posted there specially rigged portable transducer, using a clamp and stick....anyone here have such a setup for their portable transducer?

i dont really have any problems with mine. i used to tho, so what i do now is the following.

-look down on the back of the boat and find a place under the water that it nice and flat, no rivets, or breaks on the surface.

-get an abrasive rag and wipe down the area you are mounting it to.

-place the cup on it, and press down hard to get all the air out.

unless im going full speed for more than 5 mins it does not come off.

hope that works for ya.

The fastest and cheapest way to fix them is to unscrew the suction cup and put it away in a drawer.

Next cut your self a 24"-30" piece off an old hockey stick shaft (wood).

Screw the transducer bracket to one end of the hockey stick. Buy a 4" C-Clamp at Canadian Tire.

Clamp stick to back of boat with clamp.

Go fishing!! :clapping::clapping:

PS a decent 1"X4" will work in a pinch. ;)

On my old boat, after losing two suction-cup transducers, I rigged up a home-made c-clamp/wood version. When I picked up my new ride last week, I dished out the $40 for the Tite-Lok one... it looks quite a bit nicer and you can adjust the height of the transducer easily if need be. (I did on my first trip out - the transducer was set a bit low and was kicking up a rooster tail behind the boat) I got it at BPS. Looks like this...

560-235-00-t1.jpg

I did have to customize it a bit to fit my Humminbird transducer, just drilled a couple holes and used some longer bolts than the ones that came in the kit. Took 10 minutes all said and done.