DropShotting the Muskoka's

FlyGuy5

Went up to 3 Mile Lake for a week with my GF and I was able to get into some good action. I ended up catching every species in the Lake the only species I didn't catch by Dropshotting was 2 walleye I hit on a crankbaits, which were were brought back for a good lunch. Just as I was about to cut into the bigger walleye I looked in its mouth and it has a sunfish that it puked up had to take some pics of that lol. I did most of my fishing in a bay called Hammel Bay witch has a huge drop off it goes from 3 fow to 20 fow. I got a lot of smallmouth at this spot I was using 3 inch shad minnows as well with a owner shivertails. I also got a 18+ cisco dropshotting and a huge catfish. As well I had my fly rod on board and I was able to get a few bass on it as well witch is always fun they hit my top water mouse pattern.. here are some pics!!!

Muskoka\'s 004.jpg

Muskoka\'s 008.jpg

Muskoka\'s 033.jpg

Guest Johnny Bass

Some very good reports we have been getting! I tired drop shotting and only get pukes! Gotta get myself some slammers next season when my thumb is better! Where is the picture of the catfish? There's one pic there but it looks like a sucker.

Ciscos are really cool. Caught one on a husky Jerk on Lake Nipissing. Always love catching new species!

solid report man, there seems to be a crap ton of catfish in the lake now, i seem to get one every weekend i go up to the cottage. from the pics that looks like a sucker, not the best pic as some have mentioned but im pretty sure there are no cisco in the lake.

3 Mile is one of those lakes that can surprise you with all kinds of species....interesting that people are getting a lot of catfish...when I started fishing the lake 25 years ago (ouch!) I would hear about how it used to be filled with them.