Humminbird 550 or 560

kyle7273

It's time to retire the 23 year old Humminbird......

Can Tire has the Humminbird 550 on sale this week for about $169 and the 560 is $199 at Wal Mart. In all your collective general wisdom, is the 560 worth the extra $?

With so many to choose from, 550, 560, 565, 570, etc... all in the similar price range I'm having a hard time deciding on what to go with.

Well I up-sold myself and went with the 570. Got it on the boat this afternoon and took it out on Huron for a test. Seems to work good, marked lots of fish and has great bottom detail. I'll have to give it a few trips in different waters to know for sure if it suits me but first impressions look good.

The 570 is by far your best choice. The last time I was at BPS they were on sale for $229.

I have a 570 and a 580. The 580 is a discontinued fishfiner/GPS combo unit. It's basically a 570 until you activate the GPS. It accepts Navionics and was on sale at Radio World for $248 (1/2 price)Not sure but I think they cleared them all out.

Recently we were fishing 90' of water on Simcoe for whitefish and we could clearly see our baits as we jigged them off bottom.