Kids day at the Chantry

kyle7273

Yesterday was kids day at the Chantry Classic. I had 2 of my boys out with me on the boat but we were starting to get put off by the showers so we headed for shore. As we were coming in towards the pier in Kincardine my wife and the rest of our kids were fishing off the pier participating in the kids day activities. My parents were also there and enjoyed seeing the kids having so much fun. Our 5 year old was already in the lead with a small mouth. Shortly after we arrived, our 14 year old caught a small mouth. He took it up to get weighed in, it was exactly the same his younger brothers. At the end of the event they both got a new rod and reel. Then they had draws for the prizes, out 14 years old wins a sleeping bag and the 5 year old wins the grand prize, a new bike! HE was on cloud nine! All this on his birthday weekend.

All in all, it was a great day for kids, despite the rain that got quite heavy at times. Many thank to the sponsors, prize donors, organizers and especially the volunteers that have created lifetime memories for all the kids.

Now today is Ladies day, lets see what the wife can win!

A five year old and a new bike... Oh, to be five again... and to win the bike fishin'. :clapping:

Hope you didn't already have a new bike for his birthday. :wallbash:

With 5 kids, all boys, we can never have too many bikes! This will be his first "big boy" 2 wheeler.

Guest Johnny Bass

Proud dad for sure! Your kids cleaned house! They will remember this day for a long time. Good on you for taking them. This events sound like a great way to introduce youngsters to our sport.

I'm looking forward to next year's Rice Lake Spring Fishing Festival next May to June. Hopefully it won't be too cold in May.

Edited by Johnny Bass