Good Fishing with the Old Man!

nodie

Man I hope he doesn't see the title...:lol:

Had the chance to reserve Dad for a day of fishing. Due to his retirement, picking a day wasn't really an issue. :lol: Wednesday brought us with rain and very heavy winds... Backed off on this day and headed out Friday, calling for sunshine and 10kmh winds. Perfect!

Life's good when you're retired!! :lol: Tried our best to do the Izumi shot!

IMG_3508.jpg

bob.jpg

Alright.. Off to fishing we went. The bait of choice was senkos for most of the day. They had to be fished slooooow and put right in front of the bass' nose. Dad screams fish on after 3 casts. Great.. The competition had already started. He brings it in and swings it in the boat, at my feet. "Unhook him please!" Stunned that a grown and accomplished men can't even take a 1 pound bass off his line, I pop the hook out of his mouth and re-rig the senko... Couple casts later... "FISH ON!!!" The count was now 2-0... The competition was on!!

IMG_3520.jpg

We kept hitting shoreline after shoreline the whole day, trying to put as many fish as we could in the boat. My main goal that day was to make him feel was a senko bite was like, since most of his fish previously caught on a senko were mostly "I just felt weight!" type bites... After 10-15 bass boated, he said "Funny how you just feel tic. tic." My goal was accomplished and for the rest of the day, he was able to distinguish what was a bite and what was weeds :lol:

Couple of other senko bites...

IMG_3519.jpg

IMG_3556.jpg

The wind picked up in the PM and the fish were clearly positioned in the rocks, on the wind blown side of the shoreline, and close to deep water. All our bigger fish came off spinnerbaits.

IMG_3526.jpg

IMG_3528.jpg

IMG_3529.jpg

All in all a great day on the water. Met up with a loon family on the way back to the launch.

IMG_3535.jpg

IMG_3543.jpg

IMG_3552.jpg

Thanks for reading!

Edited by nodie

That's awesome dude, fishing with your paps

I take my neighbor most of the time that I go. The poor guy can't walk more than 40 feet without taking a 5 min break, he sure loves every minute of the fishing he gets, especially now more than ever since he's really sick .I try to take him out few times a week for as long as I can.

catch some more dude

Tight Lines

Guest Johnny Bass

Great report!I miss fishin with my dad! He would have been really impressed to see how good of a fisherman I have become. I remember when he used to tell me that lures dont catch fish, only rarely, and I would bring in some big pike, one after another and he would be amazed.lol He even caught a few on a husky jerk before he passed away. Anyways thanks for sharing and hope you and your dad do alot more fishing together now that he is retired!

Congratz on a great day on the water with you dad keep them days going and take advantage of them all.

I love these posts I hope others who read this that say dad and I should but don't do it, for get about the should and just do it get him out these are the days to remember and out fishing him is just the way it should be.

BTW as a father I must say its hard to let the kids OUT FISH THE OLD MAN but us dads have to let the kids win some times to keep them interested, well that's what my father passed along to me from when I was a kid :tease:

Cheers Mike