A Day of Bassin'

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

The month of July has blown by me. Twenty days working in the sun on the St. Mary's River with a handful of evening walleye trips and all of a sudden it's the August long weekend.

With some days off, and a few household chores taken care of, I was headed out of the Soo around 9 am Friday morning. We parked the car, carried a gear down to the lake, and piled it in to the 10 ft. jon boat.

The first pass of a productive shoreline yielded a bunch of quality fish. We got 6 fish between 2-5lbs, all of which were swimming in the shallows. The fish were feeding so aggressively that we were able to sight-fish groups of 4-5 large bass and hone in on them until we put at least one of them in the boat. Strikes on follow ups were likely. At this point we begun to realize that we were in for a special day. Having left the camera in the truck, we reluctantly went back to the landing and fetched the digital.

As my cousin returned from the vehicle I hooked into the first nice fish on film of the day, right from the landing.

003.jpg

As we worked our way out to the edge of the weed flats we were picked back up right where we left off.

005-1.jpg

006.jpg

009.jpg

011-1.jpg

Fish throughout the day came in all shapes and sizes.

013-1.jpg

012.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

017-1.jpg

033.jpg

032.jpg

024-1.jpg

031-1.jpg

And a bonus pike!

019-1.jpg

By far it was the wildest day of bassin' I've ever had. Thanks for checkin' out the pics!

:thumbsup_anim: